??TIP: This thai chicken noodle soup recipe is from week 1 of our low calorie menu planning made easy set!
A HUGE thank you to Sandra in our PPP Supper Club Private Facebook Group for sharing her picture of the Thai Chicken Noodle Soup. We all love this one! Would you love to be part of our menu planning community? Order any of our menu plans from the Passionate Penny Pincher Shop and you'll get free lifetime membership. It's the happiest meal-plan-making-corner of the internet!
I was shocked at how much my family loved this recipe, but they (almost!) all gobbled it down. Our youngest Reagan wasn't quite up for it, but the rest of the family all ate a huge bowl and asked for more. It's the perfect comfort food that's good for you too, and is so simple to make. And it has fewer than 300 calories and 13 net carbs. I love that!
If you don't mind a few extra carbs (or are trying to please some extra picky eaters who might want more than just soup), add a side salad and some Cheesy Flatbread from our Sides Dish Menu Plans and you've got the perfect meal!
Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
prep 10 minutes | cook 30 minutes | serves 6 | 294 calories | 13 net carbs
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ large yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 32 oz carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 2 Tbsps curry paste
- 1 ½ tsps salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 oz rice noodles, broken in half
- chopped cilantro
Tip: this one freezes well if you have extras!
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat. Add oil, carrots, onion and red pepper. Cook about 5 minutes. Add chicken and garlic; mix well. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, coconut milk, curry paste, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, and simmer 5 minutes. Add noodles, and allow soup to come to a boil again. Reduce heat to low, and simmer about 3 minutes.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let stand just until noodles are tender, 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Note: We used Patak brand curry paste when testing this recipe. It was perfect!
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week one of our flow cal menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.