Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Layered Tex Mex Dip
Need an easy recipe to make ahead and take as an appetizer? This is it! This recipe takes just a few minutes to throw together, and is so so good. Just be sure to refrigerate for two hours, and serve with these black bean air fryer chimichangas , or try it alongside some Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas with Cheree's Cheese Dip. So so good!
prep 15 minutes | serves 8 | 325 calories per serving
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 8 oz carton light sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 15 oz can refried beans
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 8 oz pkg shredded lettuce
- 8 oz pkg shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- Peel and pit avocados. In a small bowl, mash avocados; stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning.
- In a 13×9-inch baking dish spread in layers starting with the refried beans, followed by avocados then sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle green onions, tomatoes and lettuce over top. Cover with cheddar cheese.
- Cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Serve with tortilla chips.
Note: Needs extended refrigeration. Nutritional information does not include tortilla chips.