FREE WORK PLANNER
It's finally here . . . the moment you've all been waiting for (right?} Yup, today's the first day in our 12 Days of Christmas Baking Series to begin . . . my family's favorite series of the year! 😉
As we get ready for Christmas in our home, I'll share a few favorite Christmas treats along with a recipe or two from some guest bloggers, and would love to hear your favorite Christmas recipe ideas too. I tried out these No Bake Sweet Marie Bars for Thanksgiving this year and our family literally devoured them (seriously, they didn't stand a chance once my nieces and nephews stepped foot in the kitchen), so it looks like a new treat will be added to our favorites list.
I have no idea what the history is behind the name “Sweet Marie Bars” is, so if anyone knows leave a comment to fill me in! Either way, these would make a fantastic treat to snack on this Saturday afternoon, and you could easily wrap them up to give as a gift this year.
Note: It occurred to me after making these that you could probably substitute the corn syrup for honey, so the next time I make these I'll try it out using honey instead. If anyone happens to try it that way, let me know if it works for you!
No Bake Sweet Marie Bars
- cooking spray
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together peanut butter, corn syrup, brown sugar and butter in saucepan and cook on medium low heat until boiling.
- Add in Rice Krispy Cereal, then press into baking dish.
- Spread chocolate chips over the bars, and leave them for a few minutes to melt.
- Using knife or spatula, spread melted chocolate over bars.
- Refrigerate until bars harden, about 1 hour.
- Cut into squares to serve.