FREE WORK PLANNER
This delicious dish takes less than 5 minutes to prep and will quickly become a family favorite! Here's how to make it.
Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken
One of my favorite things about using my slow cooker for dinners is when I have a recipe that is truly a “set it an forget it” style. This Mississippi Chicken is SO easy to throw in your slow cooker, cover, and walk away until dinnertime!
Your family will love the bold flavors of this dish. The chicken turns out so tangy and juicy and is great for serving on sandwich rolls or over rice. Plus, it makes for awesome leftovers so it's a great option for meal prepping for easy grab-and-go meals during the week.
MENU TIP: This Mississippi chicken recipe is from week 6 of our slow cooker volume 1 menu planning made easy set!
What is Mississippi Chicken?
Mississippi Chicken is a tasty spin on traditional Mississippi Pot Roast. Instead of beef and an au jus, this yields shredded chicken topped with pepperoncini peppers.
Ingredients You'll Need:
- Chicken breasts
- Ranch dressing mix
- Brown gravy mix
- Pepperoncini peppers
- Hoagie buns or rice for serving
How to make Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken:
Grab your slow cooker and place the chicken inside. Sprinkle one package of ranch dressing mix and half a package of brown gravy mix evenly over top of the chicken.
Cut butter into small pieces and place on top of the chicken. Add your desired amount of pepperoncini peppers (these add a little bit of spice so tailor it to what your family likes!).
Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. When chicken is done, remove peppers, and shred chicken. Serve this tasty dish on buns or over rice!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 oz pkg ranch dressing mix
- 1 oz pkg brown gravy mix
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into pieces
- 8-12 pepperoncini peppers
- hoagie buns or rice (optional)
- Place chicken breasts into bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle ranch dressing mix and half a package of the brown gravy mix over chicken. (You can use the whole package, but it might be a bit salty.) Top with butter pieces and desired amount of pepperoncini peppers.
- Cover, and cook on low 4-5 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Remove peppers, and shred chicken.
- Serve alone, on hoagie buns, or over rice, if desired.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week six of our slow cooker volume 1 menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.