USE THE CODE PP30 to save 30% off with these menu plans at checkout! Go HERE to get yours before this sale ends tonight!
If you missed my Facebook live video this morning you can watch here.
I'm soooooo excited to have 6 meals DONE today from our Supper's Set for Summer Freezer Cooking Challenge!
I'm not going to lie, I was a little anxious about starting this little project this week (to say the least.)
In fact, since I was the one with this brilliant idea (and just praying a few folks might want to join me), last week I was a wee bit sick to my stomach about what I'd just signed myself up for.
But I gotta tell you, now that the bulk of the grocery shopping is done and I have the first day of cooking under my belt, I realized this is seriously the most brilliant idea I've ever had. 🙂
But, I did learn a few things the last 24 hours as I've been preparing, so I thought I'd share those with you.
Here are 7 tips that will make you way more successful with this freezer cooking challenge if you're joining me:
1. Use Kroger Click list or Walmart curbside pickup (or a similar program if your store has one), to order your groceries (this will change your life!)
2. Order the groceries you'll need for 2-3 days of the challenge (an entire week's work would be a lot of food and may be more than you're ready for!)
For example, I ordered groceries for the meals I'll make Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, then will order the rest tomorrow to pick up for Thursday and Friday.)
3. Clear space in your pantry and fridge for your ingredients before going to the store.
I made space in my pantry for the items I needed and cleaned out my fridge ahead of time, so I had less to do when I got home from the grocery.
4. Label your bags ahead of time.
After several people suggested it, I also double bagged my recipes (to help the moisture not make a mess when everything thaws out), and also attached the labels with clear masking tape. You can totally just print your labels on card stock as well and then just attach with tape to the bags (and remember, we'll send you the labels when you sign up!)
5. Sort your groceries by days as you'll need them.
After I got home from the store yesterday, I “grocery shopped” for each day from the items I'd purchased. I used clothespins to keep refrigerated items in bags labeled by each day, so I can easily get through them each morning before dumping items in each bag.
6. Make sure any meat is cut up ahead of time (GROSS!)
I knew one of the recipes called for a whole chicken (I didn't catch that it was cut up), so last night as I was going through my list I saw that and went ahead and cut up the chicken. (I've never done that before but survived ~ whew!) If you need help like I do, follow the instructions over HERE. (Thanks, Martha!) 🙂
7. Cut up veggies & open any cans before you start.
I cut up onions this morning before beginning and also opened up all the cans I needed ahead of time. It's so silly, but having that done all in one quick spurt made dumping everything into bags go so much more smoothly!
So, I spent about 1 hour from start to finish this morning, and six meals are done.
We've got the pork roast cooking in Mrs. Potts right now, I popped five meals in the freezer to use this summer, and I'm feeling like a rockstar right now.
That's why I could hardly wait to tell you about our SUPPER'S SET FOR SUMMER CHALLENGE, because I think it's, going to change your summer.
WILL YOU JOIN ME?
My friend Tiffany from Eat at Home Cooks is offering PPP readers a whopping 30% off her menu plans, grocery lists and recipes with the code PPP30 at checkout (ORDER SOON ~ THAT PRICE ENDS TONIGHT!)
We'll be using these menu plans to cook through, so you'll want to snag yours while they're on sale at this price!
HERE'S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU SIGN UP:
- Weekly menu plans for the entire month
- A set of slow cooker menu plans
- A set of whole foods menu plans
- A set of traditional menu plans
- One quick click to download all 3 sets of menus (in color or black and white ink)
- In addition to our freezer mensus, you'll get access to FOUR WEEKS of menu plans for as low as $1.05 per week!
- BONUS: 1 ENTIRE YEAR OF EAT AT HOME SLOW COOKER FREEZER MEAL PLANS (we'll be using these next week to cook)
- BONUS FOR PPP READERS ONLY: free printable labels to use for our freezer week ~ I'll send yours automatically when you start HERE
ALL FOR AS LITTLE AS $1.13 PER WEEK WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR AN ANNUAL PLAN, or just $9.80 to try the menu plans out for one month PLUS you'll get an ENTIRE YEAR of freezer recipes AND our free printable labels!
YOU'LL GET 72 RECIPES + A DESSERT EACH WEEK + GROCERY LISTS + MENU PLANS FOR A SMALL OR LARGER FAMILY + PRINTABLE FREEZER LABELS + AN EXTRA YEAR OF FREEZER MEALS ~ WAAAAAY BETTER THAN JUST A COOKBOOK!
I promise, if you struggle with meal planning and sticking to your grocery budget, this will change the way you shop.
We've had several folks comment in our Private Dinner's Done group that this using Eat at Home Cooks is saving them as much as $100 EACH WEEK ON GROCERIES ALONE, and they're actually sticking to their menu plans and EATING AT HOME.
I love that.
So, head on over HERE to sign up if you're not set up already, and let me know what you think.
- $9.80 per month with the code PPP30 at checkout (ends 5/10/17 at noon) or $2.45 per week
- $21.70 per quarter with the code PPP30 at checkout (ends 5/10/17 at noon) or $1.80 per week
- $58.80 per year with the code PPP30 at checkout (ends 5/10/17 at noon) or $1.13 per week
The best part? You'll get all the freezer cooking meals AND monthly sets of slow cooker meals, whole foods meals and traditional menu plans. I promise, you'll love these lists!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.