My Sweet Caroline (sweet, because she really, really, really loves sweeeeeet) has been stalking my Pinterest page and decided all by herself that I needed to start a Summer Series of Cooking with Kids.
She even PicMonkey'd her favorite picture for me all by herself. Not bad, right? 😉
Folks, this marshmallow peanut butter pie she picked was fantastic. After we devoured it for dessert, Caroline decided that on her wedding day we'll make this Peanut Butter Smore's Pie along with a batch of these for the wedding guests. Some lucky boy's gonna love this girl one day!
We took pictures along the way so you could see how to do it too – let me know what you think if you try it. . . I'm pretty sure with these ingredients this recipe is just about impossible to mess up!)
Pssst: If your kids LOVE S'mores but you don't have an aounce of time for cooking – let them whip up this Easy S'mores dessert hack!
First bake your pie crust for 5-7 minutes
Meanwhile unwrap your Reese's Cups (preferably by someone who doesn't like Reese's Cups – my Reagan doesn't so the Reese's were safe with her)
Yup, she wasn't temped by those Reese's at all
Then crumble the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups if you want to (even though after reading through this it looks like they'd be fine just layered flat)
And use your leftover peanut butter dough to form the top crust (I like the way it was done here much better and wish I'd caught her picture tip, but it worked just fine this way too!)
Bake, drizzle with hot fudge and serve. Pure happiness in a pie plate.
S'more Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 package refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough I used PIllsbury
- 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- hot fudge sauce for drizzling
- ice cream to serve with optional
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray pie plate with cooking spray and press 2/3 of the dough around the bottom and sides of pie plate.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips over the dough.
- Next add peanut butter cups (chopped into chunks or left whole - we broke them up into chunks.)
- Then sprinkle marshmallows over the chocolate chips.
- Press remaining dough into 2" flat pieces and cover pie.
- Bake for an additional 15 - 17 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool 15 minutes and drizzle with hot fudge before serving.
Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.