If you're looking for a quick and easy S'mores dessert – this simple chocolate frosting, graham and marshmallow creme recipe is a 30 second kid-pleaser!
Easy S'mores Dessert
Jamie here! S'mores are a classic campfire treat – and as a long-time girl scout I've probably eaten 10,000…. but there's no getting around the fact that they're troublesome. They're definitely on the messy side and you also need to make a campfire (Unless you make s'mores in the microwave!)
When we ran out of cookies and other treats this week – my kids were getting mutinous. I remembered I'd picked up these faux-S'mores supplies on sale recently with this little snack in mind. So this afternoon I passed them out for treats and boy did I have some happy campers!
From the 13 year old to the 19 year old – everyone came back for seconds.
All you need is about 30 seconds, some marshmallow creme (or marshmallow fluff), chocolate frosting, and graham crackers.
How to Make Easy Smores
- Break honey graham crackers into squares
- Spread one half with chocolate frosting
- Spread the other half with marshmallow creme or fluff
- Eat like a sandwich – with very little mess!
This easy S'mores dessert DID receive some critiquing from my teenage foodies. Here's what they had to say:
1) They're missing the “smokiness” of the campfire and 2) they're missing the warm gooey-ness.
I think you could probably pop these into the microwave for a *very* short amount of time to give them some warm gooey-ness (but they're pretty gooey already!)
My family loves making s'mores out in our firepit when the weather's nice. But really you can have this fun snack any time with a microwave!
How to Make S'mores in the Microwave
Here's another easy S'mores dessert option!
If you're missing the spreadable frosting and marshmallow creme – but you have marshmallows and chocolate (or chocolate chips!) on hand – you can make smores in the microwave.
- Put a graham cracker on a microwaveable plate or napkin
- Add chocolate chips or a couple squares of chocolate
- Top with a large marshmallow or a few small ones
- Cook on high for 15 seconds (or just until marshmallow gets puffy)
- Remove and top with the other graham cracker
Check out more yummy dessert recipes here!
Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
BLACK FRIDAY CHEAT SHEET!
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.