If you're looking for a quick and easy S'mores dessert – this simple chocolate frosting, graham and marshmallow creme recipe is a 30 second kid-pleaser!
Easy S'mores Dessert
Jamie here! S'mores are a classic campfire treat – and as a long-time girl scout I've probably eaten 10,000…. but there's no getting around the fact that they're troublesome. They're definitely on the messy side and you also need to make a campfire (Unless you make s'mores in the microwave!)
When we ran out of cookies and other treats this week – my kids were getting mutinous. I remembered I'd picked up these faux-S'mores supplies on sale recently with this little snack in mind. So this afternoon I passed them out for treats and boy did I have some happy campers!
From the 13 year old to the 19 year old – everyone came back for seconds.
All you need is about 30 seconds, some marshmallow creme (or marshmallow fluff), chocolate frosting, and graham crackers.
How to Make Easy Smores
- Break honey graham crackers into squares
- Spread one half with chocolate frosting
- Spread the other half with marshmallow creme or fluff
- Eat like a sandwich – with very little mess!
This easy S'mores dessert DID receive some critiquing from my teenage foodies. Here's what they had to say:
1) They're missing the “smokiness” of the campfire and 2) they're missing the warm gooey-ness.
I think you could probably pop these into the microwave for a *very* short amount of time to give them some warm gooey-ness (but they're pretty gooey already!)
My family loves making s'mores out in our firepit when the weather's nice. But really you can have this fun snack any time with a microwave!
How to Make S'mores in the Microwave
Here's another easy S'mores dessert option!
If you're missing the spreadable frosting and marshmallow creme – but you have marshmallows and chocolate (or chocolate chips!) on hand – you can make smores in the microwave.
- Put a graham cracker on a microwaveable plate or napkin
- Add chocolate chips or a couple squares of chocolate
- Top with a large marshmallow or a few small ones
- Cook on high for 15 seconds (or just until marshmallow gets puffy)
- Remove and top with the other graham cracker
Check out more yummy dessert recipes here!
Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
FREEZER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample of the freezer menus!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.