Does anyone else have a few penny-pinched Kraft Fresh Take seasoning kits in their fridge that need to be used up? When I was looking at the Publix sales ad this week and saw they were on sale (~again~), I decided surely we could use them to make a yummy slow cooker meal this week.
These Slow Cooker Sour Cream Pork Chops only took about 15 minutes to prepare in the morning, and I love having a meal all ready to go at the end of the day! My son said they were fantastic, and everyone in our family gobbled theirs down. Here's how to get started making a simple penny pinched meal in your home too!
Slow Cooker Sour Cream Pork Chops
- 6 pork chops
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 8 oz container sour cream
- 1 Kraft Fresh Takes ~ we used Italian Parmesan but you could easily substitue with regular bread crumbs and 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper pork chops and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Dredge pork chops in bread crumbs from Kraft Fresh Take.
- Saute chops in olive oil over medium heat, just until lightly browned.
- Place pork chops in slow cooker and cover with onion slices.
- Pour 2 cups chicken broth over the pork chops and cook on low, 6-8 hours.
- Transfer pork chops from slow cooker to baking dish and keep warm in 200 degree oven.
- Meanwhile, add sour cream, flour and Mozarellla cheese from Kraft Fresh Take to slow cooker.
- Turn slow cooker to high, and cook until sauce thickens slightly (mine didn't get very thick).
- Serve over pasta or with mashed potatoes ~ enjoy!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.