Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
For almost 19 years (yikes!) my poor husband has been asking me to make Salisbury Steak every once in awhile for dinner. But, because I'm a chicken-loving girl, I honestly have made it only one other time in all those years.
Seriously folks. The poor guy!
So, when I came across this recipe for Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak I was intrigued (especially after reading through the reviews), and decided I might just try to make his favorite one night. I adjusted it some to limit the cream soup, and think you could probably substitute a homemade cream soup to even limit your processed foods even more.
Folks, it was actually good. And easy. And, even though I still prefer chicken (just about any way you make it . . . ), this was yummy comfort food that made me feel like his mom cooking back in the late 70's. 😉
We had it over mashed potatoes with green beans and salads, and even though my kids turned their noses up they actually all ate every bite on their plate. If this is one of those recipes that someone special in your family would love too, it's an easy way to try it out, and just might make their night! Here's the recipe . . .
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix (can make your own using this recipe)
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 can golden mushroom soup (can make your own using this recipe)
- 1 package Au Jus seasoning mix (can make your own using this recipe)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- In medium bowl, mix together ground beef, soup mix, bread crumbs and milk.
- Form into 8 patties.
- In medium non-stick skillet, grill patties for just a minute to brown sides over medium high heat.
- Place in slow cooker stacked in a pyramid shape.
- Mix together golden mushroom soup, Au Jus seasoning and water.
- Pour over meat in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, until meat is done. (You could also choose to cook in oven until cooked through if you're in a hurry.)
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.