Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak is delicious and easy to make. It's quickly become a family favorite. Try this Crockpot Salisbury Steak tonight!
Crockpot Salisbury Steak
For YEARS my poor husband has been asking me to make Salisbury Steak every once in awhile for dinner. But, because I'm a chicken-loving girl, I honestly have made it a few other times in all of these years.
Seriously folks. The poor guy!
🍴Menu Note: This Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak recipe is from week 6 of our Slow Cooker Menu Planning Made Easy Set!
So, when I came across a recipe for a CrockPot Salisbury Steak – I was intrigued (especially after reading through the reviews!).
I decided that I might just try to make his favorite one night. I cut down on the amount of cream of mushroom soup (we actually prefer to use golden mushroom soup for this recipe!). You could definitely substitute a homemade cream soup to limit your processed foods even more.
This slow cooker salisbury steak turned out good. And it was SO easy to make.
And, even though I still prefer chicken (just about any way you make it . . . ), this was yummy comfort food that made me feel like his mom cooking back in the late 70's.
We served it with mashed potatoes, green beans, and a side salad. And even though my kids turned their noses up they actually all ate every bite on their plate.
Here's how to make this crockpot salisbury steak:
Ingredients for slow cooker salisbury steak:
- Ground Beef (you could also use ground turkey if you prefer)
- Dry Onion Soup Mix (you can make homemade onion soup too!)
- Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Golden Mushroom Soup (feel free to substitute a homemade cream soup)
- Au Jus Seasoning Mix (You can make a homemade Au Jus too)
Feel free to season to taste as well. Some people prefer to add in some garlic powder and a bit of pepper. I've also seen people use beef broth instead of the water and even add in mushrooms and onions. It's really a versatile recipe!
To get started, mix your ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs and milk in a large bowl until well combined. Be careful to incorporate completely but don't over mix.
After this, you'll form the meat mixture into 8 beef patties. Grill the patties on medium high heat just enough get a brown sear on each side.
Place the patties into your crock pot using a pyramid shape.
Mix together your gravy ingredients – golden mushroom (or cream soups), Au Jus seasoning, and water, and pour that mixture over your patties.
Cook on low for 3 – 4 hours or until meat is done. Serve over mashed potatoes, on a sandwich, or on it's own!
If someone in your family would love this recipe, try it out. It may just make their night!
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 Envelope Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 Cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Cans Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1 Package Au Jus Seasoning Mix
- 1 1/4 Cups Water
- In medium bowl, mix together ground beef, soup mix, bread crumbs and milk.
- Form into 8 patties.
- In medium non-stick skillet, grill patties for just a minute to brown sides over medium high heat.
- Place in slow cooker stacked in a pyramid shape.
- Mix together golden mushroom soup, Au Jus seasoning and water.
- Pour over meat in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, until meat is done. (You could also choose to cook in oven until cooked through if you're in a hurry.)
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week six of our slow cooker menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You will also get access to our private Facebook group.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet! They also include your grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards. You won't have to worry about downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again.
Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, here are a TON of other Family Friendly Recipes!
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.