Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Since Publix has Pork Chops on sale this week Buy One Get One Free (making them $2.49/lb., which is a rare deal these days!) and Kroger also has them for $2.99/lb., I figured I'd share our all time favorite pork chop recipe with you! I actually haven't re-made this one this week (so pardon the picture ~ goodness, my photography has never been great but in the early days it was just downright pitiful), however I promise your family will love this one. I've got nothing but positive reviews on it, and we just love it so I think I'm going to add it to the menu plan for the weekend . . . even if just so I can re-do the pictures!
(Do you know how weird it is to take a picture of just about every single recipe you make? My family hasn't had a hot meal in at least three years. . . but I digress.) 😉
Slow Cooker Ranch House Pork Chops
- 6 pork chops 1/2 inch thick
- 1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
- 10 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 4 lbs. potatoes peeled
- 5 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 6 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 1/2 cup warm milk skim is fine
- 1 tbsp. salt optional to taste
- 1 tsp. fresh cracked pepper optional
- (for the pork chops)
- Place pork chops, ranch seasoning & soup in slow cooker and heat on high four hours or low six hours. (Ours cooked on high for four hours, and were even a little frozen when they went in.)
- (for the potatoes)
- Roast garlic. To roast the garlic, cover the entire garlic bulb including skin in aluminum foil and bake at 350 for one hour. Then let cool, remove from skins and mix into a paste to add to your potatoes.
- While garlic is cooling, cook peeled potatoes in large pot of water for about 15-18 minutes, until ready to mash. Mash potatoes, then add garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly add in milk until the potatoes are the consistency that you’d like them (mine only needed about 1 cup of the milk.)
- Add potatoes to plate, then cover with pork chops from slow cooker and use the sauce for your gravy. . . yummmm!
Here are a few more of our family's favorite pork chop recipes . . .
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 10/9/13):
- Pork Chops Buy One Get One Free ($2.49/lb.) at Publix
- Pork Chops $2.99/lb. at Kroger
- Cream soups on sale $59 at Aldi
- Potatoes $1.99/5lb. bag at Bi Lo
- Red Potatoes $1.99/lb. bag at Winn Dixie
- Russet Potatoes $3.99/lb at Kroger
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.