FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
It's Crocktober! Wish you could be sitting down to more yummy meals with the family, but always out of time or new ideas? October is your chance to turn it all around!
Crocktober Challenge | 20 Slow Cooker Recipes in 20 Days
I am sooooooooo excited about this!!! Crocktober 2022 is here and I am loving it so far!🍁🍂I just love how easy it feels to get dinner done every day. (Seriously, I started Crocktober here on PPP years ago, but every year it's like coming home to a happy home favorite.)
I love that my dinner is prepped early in the morning and I can settle into work and taking care of my home and family the rest of the day.
I love that feeling.
Are you joining me? It's not too late!
Here's what you'll need:
- SLOW COOKER VOLUME 2 BOX – on sale for just $36 through the month of October (order TODAY so it gets to you right away!)
- SIDES BOX
- OR (BEST VALUE!) try out our MENU PLANNING BUNDLE for just $89 through October and get NINE MONTHS of menu plans done for you ~ you can even send a box to a friend so that you can crock TOGETHER with us all month long. I know you will love these!
From now through October 29th, I'm challenging you to join me and make dinner in Mrs. Potts (aka your crockpot or slow cooker) every single day Monday-Friday for 4 straight weeks. We're using some of our most popular Crockpot Recipes and making slow cooker meals each day. (I can't wait for the chicken minestrone soup and slow cooker lasagna – two of my favorites!)
Print your Crocktober Calendar HERE
We'll be using all recipes from the Sides Menu Box and the Slow Cooker Volume 2 Meal Plan – Snag yours here! (Don't worry – if your recipe box doesn't arrive by the start of the challenge you can always use the Free Digital copy that's included) 🙂
Note: the challenge is for four-weeks, but the menu plan actually includes a whopping 12-weeks of slow cooker meals & desserts!
I'll be going live on the main Passionate Penny Pincher Facebook Page each morning making dinner with you between 8 and 9:30 AM Eastern Time each day. (I'm shooting for 9AM Eastern time most days, but have to be a little flexible because of my family's schedule!)
Remember you can always watch the replays on Facebook later in the day as well if you miss me in the morning, and we'll also post all of the Crocktober videos updated right over HERE on Youtube too.
Here's what's on the menu plan for our Crocktober Challenge (we'll be following along with weeks 1-4 from the Slow Cooker Meal Plan HERE and the Slow Cooker, Tex-Mix, and Salad Sides from the Sides Meal Plan HERE)
WEEK ONE – STARTING 10/3/22
- Monday – Garlic Lovers Roast & Veggies & Southern-style Green Beans(watch on Facebook Live)
- Tuesday – Tex Mex Breakfast Casserole and Copycat Cracker Barrel Fried Apples (watch on Facebook Live)
- Wednesday – Creamy Cheesy Tortellini (watch on Facebook Live)
- Thursday – Corn Chowder (watch on Facebook Live)
- Friday – Turkey Sloppy Joes and Ranch Roasted Red Potatoes (watch on Facebook Live)
- Saturday – Leftover Buffet plus Bananas Foster Bread Pudding
WEEK TWO – STARTING 10/10/22
- Monday – Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken and Garlic Mashed Potatoes (watch on Facebook Live)
- Tuesday – Yummiest Macaroni and Cheese (watch on Facebook Live)
- Wednesday – Baby Back Ribs and Best Baked Beans (watch on Facebook Live)
- Thursday – Very Vegetable Soup (watch on Facebook Live)
- Friday – Beef and Broccoli
- Saturday – Leftover Buffet plus S'mores Brownies
WEEK THREE – STARTING 10/17/22
- Monday – Smoky Beef Brisket and Cilantro Lime Rice (watch on Facebook Live)
- Tuesday – Baked Penne Pasta (watch on Facebook Live)
- Wednesday – Brisket & Black Bean Tacos and Awesome Avocado & Corn Salsa (watch on Facebook Live)
- Thursday – Marvelous Mediterranean Chicken (watch on Facebook Live)
- Friday – Creamy Tomato Soup and Jalapeno Cornbread (watch on Facebook Live)
- Saturday – Leftover Buffet plus Cinnamon Roll Casserole
WEEK FOUR – STARTING 10/24/22
- Monday – Barbecue Pork Cobb Salad
- Tuesday – Yummy Chicken Lasagna
- Wednesday – Barbecue Pork Sliders and Zesty Fruit Salad
- Thursday – Beef & Sweet Potato Chili
- Friday – Mongolian Chicken and Simple Broccoli Slaw
- Dessert – Leftover Buffet plus Sticky Caramel Pumpkin Cake
I can't wait to spend this month with you ~ we're going to have a fantastic time feeding our family well all month long! Go HERE to snag your menu plans, and leave a comment if you have any questions at all. I'm cheering for you!
Need a new slow cooker?
If you plan on making oodles of Crockpot Recipes with me – or just on your own time! – you might be looking to start with a new slow cooker.
If you're looking for a new Mrs. Potts (like I was this week) here are a few of my favorites . . .
This All-Clad 7-Qt Slow Cooker is my favorite – it was a gift from my whole team last year and I love it even though it's SO much more than I would normally spend!
But honestly I have owned DOZENS of slow cookers over the years and between me and my team – these are our BEST recommendations:
Best Basic Slow Cooker
The go-to housewarming gift 🙂
This Hamilton Beach 6 Quart Slow Cooker is a great beginner slow cooker – it has good 6 Quart Capacity, and while it's simple – it is a trusted name in slow cooking.
Best Small Slow Cooker
Empty nesting or just starting a family? This is the one for you!
If you're looking for a small slow cooker to make recipes for 2-4 people, you can't go wrong with the Crock-Pot Round Slowcooker 4.5 Qt Manual Slow Cooker. It's under $20 at Target right now!
Best Large Slow Cooker
If you love to host gatherings at your house – or just have a brood of your own – you'll want the 8 Quart size.
This spacious 8-Quart Crockpot is perfect for cooking for a crowd –although this Beautiful 8 Qt Slow Cooker at Walmart is so pretty AND has a spoonrest!
Best Programmable Slow Cooker
Set it and forget it – when you can't be in the home all day to start and stop the slow cooker exactly when you need to – a programmable feature is your best friend!
The Crock-Pot 6-Q Programmable Cook & Carry Slow Cooker is the one I use most days (Except mine's an older model) and I LOVE it! It's got the same portable features as the Cook & Carry (below) – but it's also PROGRAMMABLE. I love the extra feature of being able to program it to change over to low heat after a couple hours. I feel like it's the most well rounded crockpot!
Best Portable Slow Cooker
Take that chili on the road! (WITHOUT having a floorboard full of chili by the time you arrive)….
The Crock-Pot 6 Qt Cook & Carry Slow Cooker is really practical & big enough for almost any potluck recipe you can imagine. (The new design is beautiful too!) Take it on the road without worrying about spills. I have owned and loved this crock pot and so has PPP Team Member Jamie!
Slow Cooker That Sautes (and bakes!)
Ninja Possible Pan – The Ninja 4-in-1 of olden days was the one just about everyone on our team used to death. This beauty is the newest model! The nonstick insert lets you saute vegetables, sear meats, and avoid using the stove at all in advance of turning on the slow cooker part of the meal. Boil in it or even remove the insert and pop it in the oven to put it under the broiler for the last 10 minutes! And the spoonrest? The icing on the cake.
Our whole team is curiously eyeing this beautiful gal – let us know if you've tried it!
I can't wait to spend this month with you ~ we're going to have a fantastic time feeding our family well all month long!
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.