FREE 2023 Home Planner Sneak Peek!
Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Looking for a twist on plain old chicken cacciatore? Here you go!
After scoring a great price on pork chops last week at Fresh Thyme, I had to come up with something to actually do with them.
And while normally I'd grill them or bake them, I came across this recipe and decided to try it out. (My husband loves any type of spaghetti and I haven't made it in ages.)
This was so good, and easy. I did brown the pork chops ahead of time but several commenters shared that they skipped that step and it worked out fine too ~ easy way to make a different meal and have it all ready early in the day for a busy weeknight!
Menu Planning Note: You can also find this recipe in our Slow Cooker Menu Planning Made Easy Set!
Here's how to get started . . .
Slow Cooker Pork Cacciatore
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 18 oz jar pasta sauce
- 18 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced (I omitted them because I didn't have any, but they would have been so good!)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese (substituted with shredded Mozzarella)
- Lightly brown pork chops in olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Place pork chops in slow cooker.
- Cook onion same pan over medium heat until browned.
- Add in mushrooms and bell pepper, cook until these vegetables are tender.
- Add in pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, and white wine or chicken broth.
- Season with Italian seasoning, basil, and garlic.
- Cover pork chops with tomato sauce.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Serve over cooked pasta, and top with mozzarella cheese. Enjoy!
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week two of our slow cooker menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to
Love slow cooker recipes? Here are 5 reasons you need to use your slow cooker every single week + 17 recipes to help you get started.
And if you're looking for a decent slow cooker, this one has fantastic reviews!