See more Slow Cooker recipes HERE.
Several years ago, I found this wonderful Slow Cooker Mug Brownies recipe on A Year of Slow Cooking, and it's one of my children's favorite treats. They're so simple, amazingly yummy, and your family will think you're a rockstar the minute they devour them.
We used this homemade brownie recipe in place of a mix because I didn't have any mixes on hand. However, Publix has Betty Crocker brownie mix on sale Buy One Get One Free this week, or you can pick up Brownie Mix this week at Aldi's for $1.29, so mix it up from scratch or use a box mix for a penny pinched deal!
Warning: depending on the number of mugs you can divide your mix into, this is a lot of brownie all in one mug, and if you're kids are like mine they'll quickly gobble down on every bite. So, watch out and be sure to limit this yumminess before they send themselves into a sugar fit . . . we split them into 2-3 servings at our house!
Slow Cooker Mug Brownies
- 4-6 mugs depending on the size of your crockpot (I fit 6 in my large crockpot and used ones that were fairly worn to be on the safe side)
- brownie mix
- ingredients to make your brownie mix
- optional: cool whip or ice cream and chocolate syrup for topping
- Mix together the brownie ingredients.
- Grease mugs well with cooking spray.
- Cook in crockpot for 2-3 hours on low, checking for doneness after two hours.
- Remove mugs carefully from slow cooker (they'll be hot!) Wait until they've cooled before serving.
- Top with cool whip or ice cream and chocolate syrup, if desired. Yum!
If you've tried out a great slow cooker recipe I'd love the recipe. . . there are so many good ones, and since I'm planning to keep Mrs. Potts busy this month, I'd love to try out a few of your suggestions! Leave a comment HERE to share your tips. Here are more recipes in the series:
- Day One: Slow Cooker Meat Loaf
- Day Two: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Day Three: Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Day Four: Slow Cooker Ham
- Day Five: Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodle Soup
Need a slow cooker to get started? Here are a few decent deals on Amazon:
- Hamilton Beach Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker for just $29 (regularly $39.99)
- Hamilton Beach 33967 Set ‘n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker $49, regularly $59.99
- Crock-Pot SCVT650-PS 6-1/2-Quart Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel $79.99 (regularly $119.99)
- Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cookerto $46 (regularly $110)
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.