FREE WORK PLANNER
This slow cooker Jambalaya is so easy to put together and is packed full of your favorite New Orleans flavor!
Slow Cooker Jambalaya
Slow Cooker Jambalaya is a flavorful and hearty Cajun dish that is easy to make and perfect for a crowd. This dish is made with chicken, sausage, and shrimp to give it all the flavors of New Orleans. Then tomatoes, onions, peppers, celery and rice are added for even more flavor!
🍴 Menu Planning Note: You can also find this recipe in the Slow Cooker Menu Plan: Week 7!
Since this delicious dish is made in the slow cooker, it is so easy to throw together early in the day with minimal work around dinnertime – one of my favorite aspects of a recipe! This Jambalaya is packed with protein and bold flavors and will quickly become one of your family's favorite meals.
- Smoked turkey sausage
- Fire roasted tomatoes
- Vegetable blend (frozen)
- Chicken broth
- Minced garlic
- Creole seasoning
- Brown Rice
How to make Jambalaya in the Slow Cooker
Start by combining all your ingredients except shrimp and rice in the slow cooker and mix well. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours (you can cook a little less if your chicken breasts are thin). Once the chicken is cooked through, remove the chicken and shred. Return to the slow cooker.
Cook your rice according to the package directions and add to the slow cooker along with your raw shrimp. Turn the slow cooker to high and cook an additional 20 minutes until the shrimp is nice and pink.
Ladle into bowls and serve warm. This is great paired with crackers, bread, or your favorite dippers.
Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 16 oz smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 28 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 12 oz pkg frozen vegetable blend (diced onion, bell peppers, and celery)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Creole seasoning
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp and rice in a slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low 6 hours.
- Remove chicken; shred, and return to slow cooker.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Turn slow cooker to high. Add shrimp and cooked rice to slow cooker. Cover and cook an additional 20 minutes until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Ladle into bowls to serve.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week seven of our slow cooker menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.