Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
I came across this recipe for slow cooker chipotle beef tacos earlier this week, and was so excited because I had a roast in the freezer that I was hoping to use this week! The best part though was having dinner made in the morning ~ it's amazing how much easier it is to stick with a menu plan when supper's already cooking for you.
This did require a wee bit more work than most of my slow cooker recipes, but it was worth it to have a different way to use Mrs. Potts! If you love Mexican you'll definitely want to also try out these Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas or Slow Cooker Taco Meat – they're one of our all time favorites and another way to keep from heating up the kitchen in the summertime!
Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef Tacos
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless chuck roast
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce minced
- 1 cup sweet onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- taco toppings cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, onion
- In large skillet, heat oil to medium high heat.
- Combine chili powder, cumin and smoked paprika in small bowl, then rub into beef.
- Put beef in the skillet once oil is hot and sear each side.
- Once the beef has been seared, return to slow cooker.
- Add beef broth, tomato paste, and minced chipotle to skillet, being sure to scrape up the browned bits from around the pan.
- Bring sauce to boil and reduce heat - then simmer for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened a bit.
- Add diced onion and garlic on top of the beef in the slow cooker. Then pour sauce over top of the beef, onions and garlic.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Remove beef from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Mix in onions with beef.
- Serve on top of tortillas and add your favorite toppings - enjoy!
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 7/9/14):
- Kroger Boneless Chuck Roast $4.99/lb.
- Vidalia Onions $.99/lb at Kroger, use $.50/1 Vidalia Onions coupon
- Taco Bell Dinner Kit at Publix – use Buy One Get One Free coupon from the Publix Grocery Advantage Buy Flier for tortillas
- Use $.50/1 Azteca Flour Tortillas coupon (try zip 03103 if you don't see the coupon)
- Breakstones Sour Cream BOGO $2.70 at Publix or Kroger Sour Cream $1
- Kroger Shredded Cheese $1.99
THE ULTIMATE PRICE COMPARISON SHEET
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.