Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
I came across this recipe for slow cooker chipotle beef tacos earlier this week, and was so excited because I had a roast in the freezer that I was hoping to use this week! The best part though was having dinner made in the morning ~ it's amazing how much easier it is to stick with a menu plan when supper's already cooking for you.
This did require a wee bit more work than most of my slow cooker recipes, but it was worth it to have a different way to use Mrs. Potts! If you love Mexican you'll definitely want to also try out these Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas or Slow Cooker Taco Meat – they're one of our all time favorites and another way to keep from heating up the kitchen in the summertime!
Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef Tacos
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless chuck roast
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce minced
- 1 cup sweet onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- taco toppings cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, onion
- In large skillet, heat oil to medium high heat.
- Combine chili powder, cumin and smoked paprika in small bowl, then rub into beef.
- Put beef in the skillet once oil is hot and sear each side.
- Once the beef has been seared, return to slow cooker.
- Add beef broth, tomato paste, and minced chipotle to skillet, being sure to scrape up the browned bits from around the pan.
- Bring sauce to boil and reduce heat - then simmer for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened a bit.
- Add diced onion and garlic on top of the beef in the slow cooker. Then pour sauce over top of the beef, onions and garlic.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Remove beef from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Mix in onions with beef.
- Serve on top of tortillas and add your favorite toppings - enjoy!
If you'd like to join me and thousands of others, take a look at these Slow Cooker Meal Plans. I promise they'll help you take the worry out of “what's for dinner” and save you money too! These meal plans come with 60 Slow Cooker recipes and grocery lists to make menu planning EASY! You'll even be invited to our private Facebook group (I love that group) where you can interact with others just like you!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.