If you enjoy this recipe, I’d sure love for you to “share” it on Facebook or “pin” it on Pinterest ~ just click the buttons above. Thanks so much for supporting PPP!
Here's a super simple recipe for slow cooker beef fajitas that will make the dinnertime hour quick and easy! I'm usually such a fan of chicken (it's just so much easier on this penny pincher's budget!), but decided to treat our family to a little splurge, and using pre-cut beef stir fry strips made it so easy to make.
You *might* even just add the beef to the crockpot without searing it for a few minutes to save time in the morning, but taking just a few minutes of cooking kept the meat nice and tender. I'd love to hear what you think if you try it!
Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas
- 1 - 1 1/12 pounds beef stir fry strips
- 1 14 oz can drained diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper chopped
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 12 flour tortillas
- toppings i.e. lettuce, tomato, salsa, sour cream
- Cook beef on stovetop over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add meat and next 7 items to slow cooker. Cook on low 8 hours.
- Mix water and cornstarch until smooth Slowly add to slow cooker, then cover and cook on high for an additional thirty minutes..
- Spoon meat mixture down center of tortilla. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Add toppings and serve. Enjoy!
If you’ve tried out a great slow cooker recipe I’d love the recipe. . . there are so many good ones, and since I’m planning to keep Mrs. Potts busy this month, I’d love to try out a few of your suggestions! Leave a comment to share your tips. And if you're looking for more slow cooker recipes, here are several more in the series:
- Day 1: Slow Cooker Meat Loaf
- Day 2: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Day 3: Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Day 4: Slow Cooker Ham
- Day 5: Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodle Soup
- Day 6: Slow Cooker Mug Brownies
- Day 7 : Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- Day 8 Slow Cooker Ham & Cheese Melts
- Day 9: Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
- Day 10: Slow Cooker Monkey Bread
Need a slow cooker to get started? Here are a few decent deals on Amazon:
- Hamilton Beach Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker for just $29 (regularly $39.99)
- Hamilton Beach 33967 Set ‘n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker $49, regularly $59.99
- Crock-Pot SCVT650-PS 6-1/2-Quart Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel $79.99 (regularly $119.99)
- Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cookerto $46 (regularly $110)
BLACK FRIDAY CHEAT SHEET!
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.