Here's the second recipe in the 25 Days of Slow Cooking series here on PPP, and I promise you'll love these Slow Cooked French Dip Sandwiches. They're one of those simple recipes that you can just pop in Mrs. Potts in the morning, and then come home to a delicious home cooked meal at the end of the day.
Menu Planning Note: You can also find this recipe in our Slow Cooker Menu Planning Made Easy Set!
Enjoy it either on traditional hamburger buns or slider sandwiches ~ either way you're in for a simple meal that will help you pinch those pennies while you skip the drive thru this week.
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- 3 pounds boneless shoulder or chuck roast
- 10 oz condensed French Onion Soup
- 10 oz condensed beef consomme
- 10 oz condensed beef broth
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 oz provolone cheese slices
- 1 pkg mini french or italian rolls
- Place roast in slow cooker
- Combine the soup, consomme, broth, bouillon, and garlic; pour over roast
- Cover and cook on low 7 - 8 hours or until meat is tender
- Remove meat and shred. Place desired amount of meat and cheese on each roll to serve
- Skim fat from remaining broth; serve juices on the side for dipping
If you've tried out a great slow cooker recipe I'd love the recipe. . . there are so many good ones, and since I'm planning to keep Mrs. Potts busy this month, I'd love to try out a few of your suggestions! Leave a comment HERE to share your tips.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week two of our slow cooker menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
Need a slow cooker to get started? Here are a few decent deals on Amazon:
- Hamilton Beach Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker for just $29 (regularly $39.99)
- Hamilton Beach 33967 Set ‘n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker $49, regularly $59.99
- Crock-Pot SCVT650-PS 6-1/2-Quart Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel $79.99 (regularly $119.99)
- Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cookerto $46 (regularly $110)