Here's the second recipe in the 25 Days of Slow Cooking series here on PPP, and I promise you'll love these Slow Cooked French Dip Sandwiches. They're one of those simple recipes that you can just pop in Mrs. Potts in the morning, and then come home to a delicious home cooked meal at the end of the day. Enjoy it either on traditional hamburger buns or slider sandwiches ~ either way you're in for a simple meal that will help you pinch those pennies while you skip the drive thru this week.
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- 2-3 pounds beef sirloin roast
- 1 package dry au jus mix
- 1 cup water
- 8 oz. provolone cheese
- 1 package slider buns or hamburger buns
- Trim all fat from beef and place in slow cooker. Stir together water and au jus mix, and pour over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Remove roast and shred or slice. Add to sliced rolls, top with provolone.
- Use au jus mix from the slow cooker to dip in.
If you've tried out a great slow cooker recipe I'd love the recipe. . . there are so many good ones, and since I'm planning to keep Mrs. Potts busy this month, I'd love to try out a few of your suggestions! Leave a comment HERE to share your tips.
Need a slow cooker to get started? Here are a few decent deals on Amazon:
- Hamilton Beach Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker for just $29 (regularly $39.99)
- Hamilton Beach 33967 Set ‘n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker $49, regularly $59.99
- Crock-Pot SCVT650-PS 6-1/2-Quart Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel $79.99 (regularly $119.99)
- Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cookerto $46 (regularly $110)
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.