Here's my first ever (I think?) Weight Watchers recipe to share! I joined online last week (I'd really hoped to go to the meetings, but so far my schedule hasn't allowed it), but have been pretty pleased with how easy it's been to manage.
I really didn't expect to like this recipe all that much (give me chicken over beef any day), but this was really just delicious. I tweaked it a bit using what I had in my pantry, and was oh-so-pleased with the results.
You could easily substitute regular cheddar cheese if that's what you have in the pantry, but I did purchase the (expensive!) fat free cheese to keep my points lower. Let me know what you think if you try it out for dinner too!
Skinny Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup
- cooking spray
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 1/4 cup celery chopped finely
- 1 b ground beef
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 8 oz low fat cheddar or colby cheese
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- baked low fat tortilla chips
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add onion, garlic and celery to skillet, cooking until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray and pour in vegetables.
- Add ground beef to the same skillet you used for the veggies and brown ground beef until cooked through.
- Drain ground beef and add to slow cooker.
- In small cup, mix together flour and 1/2 cup of the broth and stir until smooth.
- Add flour and broth mixture to the skillet along with the remaining 2 1/2 cups of broth.
- Bring to a simmer, and stir well, including any of the browned bits in the slow cooker left from the beef ~ then transfer to broth mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add evaporated milk, cheese, paprika, salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for two hours.
- Put a few chips in the bottom of your bowl then add soup and a few more crumbled soups
- Makes 6-8 servings
If you're doing Weight Watchers, a serving (3/4 cups) is 5 points including a few 3 tbsps of crushed chips. Not bad for a filling meal!
Looking for more slow cooker recipes? Here are a few of my favorites:
- Olive Garden Pasta Fagioli
- Slow Cooked Italian Beef Sliders
- Slow Cooked Chicken & Dumplings
- Slow Cooked French Dip Sliders
- Slow Cooked Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooked Creamy Italian Chicken
- Ranch House Slow Cooked Pork Chops
- Slow Cooked Chicken & Dressing
- Rotisserie Style Chicken
- Open Faced Sirloin Sandwich
- Perfect Slow Cooked Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
This post is linked up to Crock Pot Ladies Slow Cooker Saturday and Living Well Spending Less Thrifty Thursday – thanks for the opportunity to link up! Recipe adapted from Weight Watchers. If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.