FREE 2023 Home Planner Sneak Peek!
If you're wondering how to help after the school shooting tragedy, we rounded up a few practical ways that you can help the Uvalde community.
How you can help the families of Uvalde…
Our hearts are breaking today for the victims and families of the Robb Elementary School tragedy in Uvalde, TX. 🙁 This small community has constantly been in my thoughts and prayers today and I just wanted to find a few ways that I can help from afar. If you too are looking for a few practical ways to help, here's what I found –
Donate to the families:
VictimsFirst (a network of families of the deceased and survivors from over 20 years of previous mass shootings) started this GoFundMe page and have raised over $1.6 million.
They want to ensure that 100% of what is collected goes DIRECTLY to the victim base so the families and those wounded/injured are protected from fraud and exploitation.
Other Verified GoFundMe sites:
- Robb Elementary School Shooting: Los Verdes Supporter Group (Austin, TX) is raising funds for the families in Uvalde, TX, affected by the horrific school shooting at Robb Elementary.
- For the Garcia Family: Donate to the Irma Garcia family.
- Please help us put our Xavier to rest: Donate to the Medina family.
- Alithia Ramirez funeral fund: Donate to the Ramirez family.
- Please help us put sweet Jayce to rest: Donate to the the victim’s parents, the Cardonas.
- Our Precious Angel Makenna Lee Elrod: Donate to McCullough family.
- Tess Marie Mata: Donate to the Mata family.
- Jailah You will be missed Baby Girl!!!: Donate to the Luevanos and Silguero families.
You can see all of the verified GoFundMe pages here as they pop up.
You can also donate to the Robb Elementary Memorial Fund at any First State Bank – make checks payable to “Robb School Memorial Fund”. For Zelle donations, send to [email protected]
Get the details here.
Other ways to help:
Various donation sites –
- H-E-B: H-E-B, Central Market, Joe V’s Smart Shop and Mi Tienda customers can contribute by donating at store registers or at checkout in curbside and home delivery orders.
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC): As a 501c3, 100% of the contributions are charitable and will go directly to the families of victims and survivors.
- City of Uvalde: Donate by sending a check payable to Robb School Memorial Fund, P.O. Box 799, Uvalde, Texas 78802. Call 830-278-3315 or email [email protected]
- Community Foundation of the Texas Hill Country: Donate to a San Antonio-based nonprofit organizing a relief fund for victims and families.
- Robb School Memorial Fund: Donate to an account has been opened at the First State Bank of Uvalde. (The bank has provided contact numbers after it received notices of misrepresentation.)
- San Antonio Legal Services Association: Volunteers seek to assist shooting victims and their families with legal needs.
Blood donation –
- University Health system, based out of San Antonio, has donor rooms with availability for the next several days. More information is available on their website.
“The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18 (NASB)