FREE WORK PLANNER
I had the best post getting ready for you today about something sweet my seven-year-old taught me, and then the power went out at our house because of construction. (I'm trying not to really lose it here, but goodness I wasn't all that sweet to the power company when the power went out!)
Because I couldn't get the pictures added in, I figured I'd just share how I saved a whopping $15.82 this morning on groceries, without even a coupon in hand. (Stop back for my little girls story about Operation Christmas Child later – I promise it'll be worth the wait . . . that girl teaches me so much!) 😉
Here were exactly the steps I took to save big:
- I did a quick check of my Favado app and noticed there was a great price on Tide Simply Clean. I made a quick mental note to check out the laundry detergent aisle before I left the store.
- I walked through the cereal aisle (because we eat a lot of cereal around here.) I noticed the big boxes of Cheerios, Honey Nut Cheerios and Cinnamon Toast Crunch were on sale for $2.99, and they had a label mentioning “download super savings.” I checked my Kroger app, and sure enough there was a $1 off coupon, dropping my price on cereal to $1.99 per box. (That's a stock up price because these are double the size of the boxes normally on sale for $1 – $1.50!)
- I scanned the dairy aisle quickly and noticed my absolute favorite Skinny Cow Cream Cheese Spreads were on sale for $2.50, and there was a $1 off coupon right there in front of the item. While I've gotten them a few times for less than $1, they don't sell at that price very often, and since they're regularly $3.59 I was thrilled with that price!
- I headed over to the laundry detergent aisle and noticed that while the Tide Simply Clean was $2.99 (and there was a $1 off digital coupon), the All Laundry Detergent was also the same price and was a larger bottle. So while the Tide Simply Clean was a good deal, the All deal was even better, and all it took was me reading the labels to look for their price per use to get the most bang for my buck. Success!
Here were my totals:
Bought 2 Skinny Cow Cheeses $2.50
- Used $1/1 coupon found in store
Bought 2 All Laundry Detergents $2.99 (regularly $5.29, yikes!)
- Used $1/1 All Laundry Detergent Kroger digital coupon (can use up to 5 per transaction)
Bought 2 Cinnamon Toast Crunch $2.99
- Used $1/1 Cinnamon Toast Crunch Kroger digital coupon (can use up to 5 per transaction)
- Paid $10.96 for over $26 in groceries ~ yay!
Do you have any other tips on easily saving at the grocery store? I'd sure love to hear them, and be sure to check out all the deals going on at Kroger this week!