Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Since Publix has chicken on sale Buy One Get One Free this week (making it $2.29/lb.), and it's also on sale at Sam's Club or Kroger for $1.99/lb., I figured y'all wouldn't mind if I posted two chicken recipes this week! We eat alot of chicken around here (because meat has gotten so pricey), so I'm always looking for new ways to fix it up.
And, since Ritz Crackers are also BOGO this week you know I couldn't miss trying a recipe that used all of the sales items! Here's how to try it out if you're looking for a delicious and oh-so-penny-pinched meal this week too.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup crushed crackers
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup butter, in pieces
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place eggs and cracker crumbs in two separate pie plates. Toss cracker crumbs with garlic salt and a little pepper (if desired.)
- Dip chicken in the egg mixture, then coat with cracker crumbs.
- Place chicken in 9×13 dish. Place pats of butter around the chicken.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 10/16/13):
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast BOGO at Publix, $1.99/lb at Kroger and Sam's Club
- Nabisco Ritz Crackers BOGO $2.89 at Publix or $2.50 at Bi Lo and Food Lion
CHRISTMAS MADE EASY!
Download your FREE Ultimate Christmas Checklist now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.