This has to be one of my favorite cakes I make! It's fantastic. I love the peanut butter mixed with banana flavor, and since peanut butter is on sale at Publix, Target, CVS, Kroger and Rite Aid this week, it's a great time to try it out!
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Banana Cake (with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 butter 1 Stick Room Temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Cup mini's reserve 12 - 16 for top of cake
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter room temp
- 1/2 peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease 13 X 9 pan.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking soda and salt.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the beater blade attachment beat together 1 1/2 cup of sugar and stick of butter then beat eggs one at a time and beat until the mixture is fluffy. Mix in the sour cream, bananas, and lemon juice. Pour in the flour mixture a little at a time and beat until well blended. Gently stir in the peanut butter cup minis with a wooden spoon. Spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top of the cake is golden. Cool the cake wire rack.
- Make the frosting. In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the beater attachment or in a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter until well blended. With the mixer on low speed, beat in the powdered sugar until well incorporated. Increase the speed to medium and beat for another 30 seconds. Add the heavy whipping cream and beat for about three minutes until the frosting is fairly light and smooth.
- Spread the frosting on the completely cooled cake. Place the reserved peanut butter cup minis in the minis on the cake, evenly spaced. Cut into 12 pieces and serve. Store leftover cake in the refrigerator. It keeps well for about 3 -4 days.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.