Publix had shrimp on sale Buy One Get One Free last week, so I decided to splurge and make this meal for Father's Day.
The best part?
It tastes just like Red Lobster's Shrimp Scampi!
Make it for a fraction of the cost of heading out to eat ~ well worth the effort.
The first time I made this dish I purchased shrimp from Earthfare when it was on sale for $5 a pound. I had never prepared shrimp before, so I knew nothing about it, and didn't know to check for veined vs. deveined and peeled vs. not peeled. So I had to call my best friend who makes shrimp all the time to ask her how to make it.
After a lot of stress and many photo swaps later, I managed to take care of it (and was so proud of myself!) I learned a very important lesson . . . ALWAYS buy the deveined and peeled shrimp. I told my husband it was so much easier to make this time. 🙂 Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 6 – 8 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon juice only (of use 1/2 cup of lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb of pasta
- Add olive oil to your skillet or sauté pan.
- Once the olive oil is warm, add shrimp and cook until tender (about 10 – 15 min). Reduce heat and remove shrimp and set aside (I just put mine in a bowl).
- In the same skillet add garlic, chicken broth and lemon, cooking on medium heat. Meanwhile, start cooking the pasta in a separate pot.
- Cook until broth is reduced by half. (around 10 – 15 minutes – but I am horrible at this part).
- Add Italian seasoning.
- Reduce heat to low and add butter.
- Add shrimp to the sauce then top with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Drain the pasta and top with the sauce. Yummy!
- Enjoy 🙂
You may want to try Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits to go along with this dish!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.