I've tried several recipes for pork chops in the crockpot, and not really been all that impressed. (A crockpot is a wonderful thing, but a bad recipe in the crockpot always seems to turn out just horrible!) So, I was a little skeptical about this recipe, but it turned out perfectly! (In fact, my son called it a “five star meal” . . . yayyy!) I literally popped my pork chops in the microwave for a minute to defrost, threw them in Mrs. Potts with the rest of the ingredients while they were still half frozen (really!), and sure enough they were just delicious five hours later.
One question that I had last night on Facebook was about the speed of cooking in a slow cooker. If you're like me (and have finally upgraded to a newer model slow cooker), you may notice that recipes tend to cook much faster than they did in the good old days. 🙂 Because I'm home during the day I kind of watch my crockpot to see when it looks like the recipe is about done, and then turn it down to it's warming setting. But, especially with poultry, it seems very easy to over-cook recipes in the crockpot, so you may want to shorten the time you cook your meat if you do have a newer model. Here's what worked for us. . .
Ranch House Slow Cooked Pork Chops With Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
- 10 oz. can cream of chicken soup we actually used two after reading a few comments over HERE, but I think one would probably have made plenty of gravy
- 4 lbs. potatoes, peeled
- 5 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 6 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 1/2 cup warm milk we used skim
- 1 tbsp. salt optional, to taste
- 1 tsp. fresh cracked pepper optional
- Place pork chops, ranch seasoning & soup in slow cooker and heat on high four hours or low six hours. (Ours cooked on high for four hours, and were even a little frozen when they went in.)
- Roast garlic. To roast the garlic, cover the entire garlic bulb including skin in aluminum foil and bake at 350 for one hour. Then let cool, remove from skins and mix into a paste to add to your potatoes.
- While garlic is cooling, cook peeled potatoes in large pot of water for about 15-18 minutes, until ready to mash. Mash potatoes, then add garlic, salt, and pepper. Slowly add in milk until the potatoes are the consistency that you'd like them (mine only needed about 1 cup of the milk.)
- Add potatoes to plate, then cover with pork chops from slow cooker and use the sauce for your gravy. . . yummmm!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index.
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.