Get your feet ready for spring and summer! If you're looking to give yourself a pedicure at home, check out our favorite feet products!
Who doesn't love a pedicure at home??
Our feet take us everywhere and sometimes those tootsies can get a little neglected. With sandal season rapidly approaching (it's National Feet Week, too! 🦶🏻), we thought it would be fun to highlight a few of our favorite foot care products to help us take care of our feet and have an amazing pedicure at home (umm, yes please!!).
But first, here are a few Dos and Donts when it comes to foot care, according to this health article:
- Check your feet daily for cuts, sores, swelling, and infected toenails.
- Give yourself a foot massage or roll a tennis ball under your feet (evidence suggests that massaging the pressure points in your feet is good for your health!).
- Moisturize your feet daily with lotion, cream, or petroleum jelly (but don’t put moisturizer between your toes as you want to keep that skin dry to prevent infection).
- Wash your feet daily and limit conditions of excessive moisture content in shoes. (but avoid soaking as that may dry them out.)
- Wear properly fitting shoes! Poorly fitting shoes cause most calluses, corns, and blisters, and can aggravate other foot problems (always wear shoes or slippers on hard floors!).
- Skip flip-flops and flats ~ they don’t provide enough arch support.
- Do not share footwear or pedicure utensils with others.
- Don't hide discolored nails with polish ~ let them breathe and treat the underlying issue.
- Do not shave calluses (use a foot file or pumice stone instead).
- Don't perform “DIY surgery” on an ingrown nail (go see a podiatrist or orthopedic surgeon!).
Want happy feet? Check out 7 of the PPP Team's Favorite Products:
This foot massager is great for relieving pain from plantar fasciitis or arthritis, and can also decrease stress and anxiety. It has excellent reviews and would make such a lovely Mother's Day gift, too! 🙂
PPP Team Member Jamie recently received this foot massager as a gift and instantly fell in love with it ~ and right now you can grab one for under $40 shipped to your door.
Interested in spoiling yourself or a loved one, too? Check out Jamie's full review here!
Add Naipo Shiatsu Foot Massager – $59.99
Clip $15 OFF Coupon
Makes it just $41.99!
Several PPP Team Members swear by the PedEgg Foot File for removing dry, callused skin (without getting dead skin everywhere….eww!)! If you start by removing the dead skin and then follow up with the next few products, your feet will feel SO AMAZING!
Do your feet need this? You can grab an 18K Gold PedEgg for under $10 on Amazon right now! (The gold-plated surface is great for those with sensitive skin!). Note that Jamie has had hers for several years and it appears that they no longer carry the ones with handles.
Ok, so this one is a little weird, but works wonders! PPP Team Member Kristen says these foot masks are simple to use and you can feel them working. The peeling afterwards is a little strange and kinda gross, but it takes off all of the dead skin and gives you silky smooth feet. She says they're totally worth it! (WARNING: If you have a sensitive stomach, you may NOT want to look at all of the photos left by Amazon customers 😉)
Jamie recently got this product in my FabFitFun box and LOVES it! She says that it easily works all on it's own to soften feet with the fruit acids in it. BUT, it works SO much better if you vigorously exfoliate (like with a PedEgg) and then smooth out your roughed up grater-feet with a 3-4 nights in a row of this product. Amazing!
Want to try this product? To get the best price, GO HERE and use the code OFFER to get $10 off, making the 3-pack just $29 + $3.50 shipping. That works out to UNDER $10.85 per bottle! (By the way, this product sells for $32 per bottle on the Whish website, so this is a fantastic price!)
5. Foot Cream
After taking care of your feet, it's important to moisturize them so they don't get dry. A couple of our favorite foot creams are O'Keeffe's Healthy Feet Foot Cream and Soap & Glory Heel Genius Foot Cream. They're both priced under $10 and are amazing to put on your feet just before bed and leave on overnight.
To finish up your pedicure at home, we love the Essie line of polish! PPP Team Member Kristen says this Essie Top Coat is her favorite and keeps her polish looking good for weeks (look at those reviews, too!).
Ready to finish your pedi? You can grab this Essie Top Coat (and other pretty Essie nail polishes) for a great price right now on Amazon ~ they're currently on sale Buy 2, get 1 free at checkout!
If you're in the market for a comfy yet supportive pair of house slippers, PPP Team Mary LOVES her Acorn Moc Slippers. She's had them for years (as you can tell by the photos) and wears them every single day – even in the summer…and she lives in Texas! If they get dirty, she just throws them in the washing machine and they're like new!
(By the way, for daily comfort & support, she says she actually prefers these slippers over a pair of pricier Sorel Mocs she got on sale a few years ago! WOW!)
There you have it! What would you add to the list? Do you have a favorite pedicure product? We'd love to hear about it in the comments below!
More deals today:
STUDENT ACADEMIC PLANNER!
Download your FREE sample now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.