Have I shared lately that I am a mess???? Of crazy ridiculous proportions???? Last night, I was determined to find the perfect recipe for Strawberry Pretzel Salad to take to the VBS workers at our church this morning and share with you all. Determined.
I spent an hour scanning every Strawberry Pretzel Salad recipe that I could find, reading every comment with any teensy bit of information that might help me make it work (obviously I've failed at this one before), and then stayed up until midnight babysitting that silly Strawberry Pretzel Salad. Only to notice at about 11:45 that I happened to forget to thoroughly read all those instructions, and had bought (and used . . . ) the wrong size box of Jell-O. Seriously?
I said a little prayer for a miracle over that Strawberry Pretzel Salad and went to bed. Apparently God thought we'd all enjoy Patriotic Oreo Pops more. 🙂
This morning, convinced I could find at least some amazing 4th-of-July-ish dessert to share, I found this simple recipe for Patriotic Oreo Pops, and decided it might just be something even this mess of a momma could handle. I won't even start to give you all the details of how just in the last twelve hours I've I've lost my house keys, and my car keys, helped at VBS, sat at gymnastics for two hours, killed a jillion ants that came to eat the Oreo Pop that my daughter decided to leave-have-eaten-on-the-front-porch, and tried to save some flowers from dying in our crazy hot Alabama heat . . . I'll just tell you that it's been a really. long. day. And I really, really hope you can use an extra simple dessert this week. Here's what you'll need (whew!)
Patriotic Oreo Pops
- Double Stuff Oreos (absolutely required, no single stuffed Oreos around here. at all because they're just not enough . . . ) On Sale $2.99 at Publix or $2.49 at Kroger, use $1 off Nabisco Cookie and Milk coupon from the beginning of June (if you didn't print it, let's hope another one comes out Monday when those Nabisco coupons normally pop up for the month!)
- White chocolate
- red, white and blue sprinkles the cake store in our town sells these by weight, I paid $2 for more than enough sprinkles
- Lollipop Sticks I also picked those up at the cake store where they cost $.75 for 50 pops
- Put cake pops on sticks (go HERE to see fantastic pictures and instructions.)
- Melt chocolate.
- Drizzle white chocolate over Oreos until covered.
- Then drizzle sprinkles over white chocolate.
- Cool on wax paper.
- Can be refrigerated for a few days.
FREEZER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample of the freezer menus!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.