FREE 5 Ingredients or Less
Menus Sneak Peek!
Olaplex Review + Sale!
Check out this deal idea:
Add 1 Olaplex Hair Repair Treatment Kit – $62
Add 1 Olaplex Smooth & Healthy Hair Set – $42
Total = $104
Get a FREE Olaplex No.8 Bond Intense deluxe sample
Get a FREE Olaplex No.4C Bond Maintenance deluxe sample
Add a FREE 25-Piece Beauty Bag to your cart ($64 value)
Shipping is free
Makes it $104 shipped for everything!
*Note that Olaplex items are excluded from all promo codes.
What's so great about Olaplex?
Over the last few years I've been working on taking care of my getting-older-way-too-fast hair (in case you're curious, I'm 45, and definitely can see a change in my hair over the last few years. Whew!)
Forever my normal hair routine was shampoo and condition daily with the cheapest stuff I could find (hell-ooooo VO5 for 79¢ at Walmart!), and then blow dry. My hair has always been naturally stick straight, and was always super oily until a few years ago so that worked just fine.
However, as I got older I wanted to take better care of my hair – then a friend of mine recommended using Hair Perfector (No 3), Shampoo (No 4), and Conditioner (No 5), and washing much less frequently…and now I'm hooked.
I loooove this stuff – it makes my hair feel so soft and silky and less brittle – but it's also kinda pricey… the only good thing is you don't use a ton of it!
Here's my current hair routine:
1. Wash and condition 2 days each week with Olaplex Shampoo and Conditioner.
Tip: you only need a quarter size amount of Olapex so a tiny bit goes a LONG way. Don't use too much and it will last you for a few months!)
2. Blow dry on LOW HEAT using my Revlon styling brush.
3. Flat iron to keep any frizz at least a little settled using my L'ange Wand.
4. On days I don't wash, I'll often pull my hair back now, or flat iron a few waves in.
5. Once every few weeks I also use the Olaplex #3 Hair Perfector and let it sit for about 10 minutes before washing and conditioning.
While I hate paying so much for shampoo, I do want to look as good as I can given what I've got to work with. 🙂
Especially since I'm on video regularly (and am soooo self-conscious about the way I look!), this helps my hair feel like it's in the best shape it can be, and works for me! If you don't want to spend a ton for great hair, try to change the number of times you're washing, and use as small an amount as possible of quality products to get the best results.
A few things specific to my hair type:
- I have very fine, straight hair. It's gotten a little thicker over the last few years which is so weird to me, but I'll take it!
- My hair has always been very, very oily ~ so until a few years ago I truly couldn't go without washing daily. I've heard people say that your hair will adjust to fewer washings if you wash less frequently, but until I got older mine truly didn't ever adjust to fewer washings. If I didn't wash daily my hair quickly looked a few shades darker just from the oil buildup. (It was so bad that by nighttime some days my hair would be almost brown just because it would get so greasy ~ it's crazy to me! It's definitely been weird to me to have dryer hair now as I've gotten older, but I sure don't miss the constant washing and drying.)
- My natural color is a darker-medium blonde, and I have highlights done about once every six months (I have a lot of white coming in, so the highlights right now help to hide that by matching up with this creeping-in-white!)
If you have any tips for keeping damaged or aging hair soft and healthy I'd love to hear your tips too!