Have you made your list of New Year's Resolutions yet this year? (I'm betting you have!) I really do love New Year's Resolutions, and while I don't always stick to them as closely as I'd like, they do seem to help me reign in a little control over my life.
Here's what I'd like to accomplish in 2013:
1) A more focused daily quiet time. I know spending a few minutes each morning in prayer makes my life so much more focused, so I'm planning to start my mornings off the way I want my days to look. I'm reading Praying God's Word for Your Husband and 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess right now, so hopefully I'll finish those two up in January!
2) Seven hours of sleep per night. (I'd love to see eight hours of sleep, but not sure that will ever happen . . . we'll see!)
3) Limited computer time. I spend a lot of time on the computer, and since Black Friday I've felt like my computer (and the deals . . . ) have completely gotten the best of me. I'm using Toggl.com to track my time, and am hoping to limit it to no more than 35 hours per week (32 hours for work on PPP, 3 hours for keeping up with my kids schedules and of course a little Pinterest time.)
4) Losing 5-10 pounds. I've stayed the same weight during the last year (which I'm amazed at considering all the baking that when on around here!) My current weight isn't terrible, but I know I'm so much happier when a few of those pounds are off! As I've shared before (I'll share more later), my weight has been a life long issue for me, but I'd love to get a little leaner before getting any older (yikes!) 😉
5) Creating a more organized home. I really struggled this last month keeping up with my Motivated Moms chore lists as I was keeping trying to keep up with online deals, but my home needs me too! So, I just downloaded the new 2013 app and will be sharing a 25 Days of Organization Series starting January 7, 2013 here on PPP.
6) Keeping up with coupons more effectively. As I've shared earlier, I'm trying out using printable coupons in January to see how that works to help reduce paper clutter and make me a more efficient penny pincher in 2013. I will still keep my inserts (in case there's a deal I just can't miss. . . ), but definitely want to figure out how to save money effectively while also saving on time.
7) Making PPP more easy to navigate and useful for you. I absolutely love my job, and feel so fortunate to get to stay home with my kids, earn some income from home, and give to missions in other parts of the world. However, if it's not useful for you, well, it's just not useful! So, I'm working on figuring out what deals you enjoy the most, and hoping to implement updates to make your time online efficient also. (Hopefully we'll see that one happen ~ wish me lots of luck!)
So, there you have it! Have you made any resolutions for the new year? I'd love to hear them, so take a minute and leave a comment to share. Hopefully we can motivate one another together!
And on a quick side note, THANK YOU so much for being a part of Passionate Penny Pincher in 2012. I just checked and PPP had well over 2 million pageviews in 2012 (wow!), and I know that's in large part due to so many of you sharing the site with a friend, co-worker or neighbor. Thanks so much for all your kind comments and encouraging notes in 2012 ~ you really do make my job here so much fun and I'm so thankful for each of you.
SUMMER SURVIVAL KIT SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
I just wanted to say Happy New Year and to let you know I love your site. I really appreciate all that you do. I’m looking forward to the 25 days of organization.
Thanks so much Sherry! I’m looking forward to the 25 days of organization too…. my house could definitely use it! Thanks for taking the time to comment, and blessings in 2013 🙂
Happy New Year, Laurie! You know I love your website and check in a few times throughout the day. Congratulations on 2 million plus views! May God continue to bless you in 2013!
Thank you Angela! Happy New Year to you too – I hope you have a blessed 2013! 🙂