My sweet friend Margaret Ann was gracious enough to visit us again last Friday, and made the absolutely yummiest homemade Country Cobbler to share.
If you missed the video you can watch on Facebook here.
As I shared earlier, we met at Bible Study this year, and the minute I heard her sweet Southern accent I felt all-of-a-sudden-at-ease in a group of women who were completely new to me.
Isn't it funny how a kind voice can do that?
Once we got to talking, I realized she cared about so many things that I just loved too.
Margaret Ann's been a wife, mom, teacher, realtor, culinary school professor, chef . . . and she's even owned two restaurants in Rome, Georgia.
In fact, one of the scenes from the movie Sweet Home Alabama was filmed in her restaurant Magretta Hall. 😉
I knew you would love Margaret Ann too, so I was thrilled when she offered to do a few “cooking classes” with us here on PPP.
She taught us in the Dinner's Done Facebook group she taught us how to make omelets (I learned so much from her!), and the recipe she shared this week for cobbler is out of this world.
Like really ~ WOW ~ I wasn't even positive I liked peach cobbler when she mentioned sharing this recipe with us, but now that I've had it I'm hooked!
(Note: I DEFINITELY recommen watching the video to see all of her tips – she had so many tricks that I've never read in a cookbook. Thank you Margaret Ann!)
Margaret Ann's Country Cobbler Recipe
- 2 cups of fruit (peaches, strawberries, blueberries, etc…) (and some of the juice)
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup of milk
- Pour the melted butter into a 7×9 dish. Add the dry ingredients (right into the dish) into the melted butter and mix up a bit.
- Next pour one cup of milk on top of the ingredients and mix that in just a little bit.
- Add strawberries on top of the mixture with a little bit of the juice (don't mix it!)
- Pop in a 350 degree oven for 25 – 30 mins.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.