FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
Remember how I saved big on my grocery trip this week so I was way under budget? Well, I couldn't pass up the great savings in the new Kroger Mega Sale, so used some of my extra grocery money to stock up.
Lots of people mentioned that I wasn't buying everything our family would need for $25 (of course not?), but the trick is, I stock up on items when they're deeply discounted, so I'm not going every week to the grocery store and picking up one or two toiletries, cleaning supplies or boxes of cereal. Instead, when I see a great price I stock up on as much as my budget has room for (because we stick to a weekly grocery budget), so I never pay full price for anything. It makes saving money on everything we buy so much easier!
Here's what I bought:
6 Pantene Shampoos $2.49 after Mega Sale
6 Pampers Wipes $.99 after Mega Sale
1 package 10 Ivory Bars $2.99 after Mega Sale
1 box Quaker Dipps $1.19 after Mega Sale
6 Gillette Shave Gels $.99 after Mega Sale
1 Johnson's Baby Head to Toe $1.99 after Mega Sale
4 boxes Honey Nut Cheerios $1.49 after Mega Sale
- Used (4) $.50/1 Honey Nut Cheerios coupon (could also use $1/2 General Mills coupon and or $1/2 coupon from the 8/3 or 8/17 Smart Source insert)
- Used (6) $.50/1 Pampers or $.50/1 coupon from the 8/31 PG insert
- Used (2) $1/1 Gillette coupons from the 8/31 PG insert and (4) $.50/1 Gillette
- Used $3/1 Johnson & Johnson coupons (I don’t think this one is still available) or $2/2 Johnson & Johnson
- Used (2) $5/3 Pantene coupons from the 8/31 PG insert
- Used $.50/1 Ivory coupon from the 8/31 PG insert
- Paid $16.45 + tax after coupons
And here's what we're donating this week . . .
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Lydia @Five4FiveMeals says
I MISS Kroger. I know you miss Publix, but my Publix down here on the coast doesn’t double (it’s still better than Walmart!) But I always felt like I got great deals at Kroger.
I definitely wouldn’t have loved Publix (quite?) as much if they hadn’t doubled Lydia! I am definitely finding some good deals at Kroger by shopping their sales ads (they have great BOGO meat deals here), and their mega sales do have some incredible deals. Still not Publix, but I’m convinced that maybe you can save just about anywhere!