I haven't managed a trip to Fresh Thyme Market all summer, and goodness I think I was going through Fresh-Thyme-need-to-shop-there-withdrawals! This morning I ran in to pick up watermelons for $1.99, and was so glad to see all the great prices they had this week. Here's what I bought:
- 8.6 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast $1.97/lb = $16.87
- 2 seedlesss watermelons $1.97 each = $3.94
- 5 pounds potatoes $1.50
- 2 green peppers $.50 each = $1
- green onions $.50
- 1.89 organic pink lady apples $.99/lb = $1.87
- .79 organic roma tomatoes $.99/lb = $.89
- 2.19 lbs bananas $.55/lb = $1.20
- Total = $29.77, saved $15.77
Considering almost $17 of that was for chicken which we definitely needed after not shopping much this month, I was thrilled with these prices. If you have a Fresh Thyme or Sprouts in your area I highly recommend swinging by – their produce prices are just incredible and I love their fantastic prices on meat as well!
And by the way, our store had grass fed ground beef on sale for $3.97/lb this week which is the lowest I've seen it in quite awhile. Happy shopping! 😉
Do you purchase organic food? Don't miss this post on 11 easy ways to save on organic food.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.