This Kung Pao Beef recipe is so fast and easy. You'll be able to whip it up quicker then you can call and have take-out delivered!
Kung Pao Beef Recipe – SO GOOD!
Go ahead and add this Kung Pao Beef recipe to your favorite meals when you've got that Chinese food craving. Once you try it you'll want it again! It's also a one dish meal and only takes 30 minutes from start to finish. ❤️
🍴 Menu Planning Note: You can also find this recipe in Week 3 of the Low Calorie Menu Plan!
What is Kung Pao Beef?
Kung Pao Beef is a traditional Chinese dish that combines sliced steak, a yummy sauce and crunchy vegetables
- lean ground beef
- canola oil
- green beans
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- water chestnuts
- rice (we're using cauliflower rice to lighten things up)
How do you make Kung Pao Beef?
- To start off making this Kung Pao Beef recipe you'll sauté some ginger and garlic in a bit of canola oil in a large skillet.
- Then add the ground beef and cook that until it's just about done.
- Throw in the green beans and continue to stir fry until the beans are tender (about 2-3 minutes).
- Next, stir the soy sauce, sesame oil, some water and cornstarch together in a small bowl to make a yummy kung pao sauce.
- Then add the sauce and water chestnuts into the skillet with the beef and toss together.
- Serve over your preferred type of rice.
Tips for this recipe:
This recipe is a definite a western take of the original Szechuan version.
Traditionally, Kung Pao Beef uses a sliced beef but we are simplifying this recipe by using lean ground beef. I'm all about easy and fast!
Kung Pao Beef
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsps canola oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsps low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 12 oz pkgs frozen cauliflower rice
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Sauté ginger and garlic for 2 minutes. Add beef and cook 4 minutes. Add green beans and sauté until beef is browned and crumbly and beans are tender.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, sesame oil, water and cornstarch. Pour sauce and water chestnuts into skillet stirring to coat beef. Cook 1-2 minutes gently stirring until thickened.
- Prepare cauliflower rice according to package directions. Serve beef over cauliflower rice.
Looking for more yummy meals?
This recipe is from week three of our low calorie menu plans. You'll get this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! With most recipes being well under 500 calories and 15 net carbs.
You'll also get access to our Facebook group with the purchase of one of our menu sets. The groups are full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet. You'll get weekly grocery lists, the menu plan and recipe cards sent right to you ~ no hunting down recipes!
Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, here are a TON of Family Friendly Meals!
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.