Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
My family is addicted to Zaxby's. Well, let's just say my husband is addicted to Zaxby's, so we all tag along for the ride.
If you're not from the South, you've probably not even heard of a Zaxby's, but when we moved to Alabama we noticed they keep fried chicken finger chains on just about every corner. Since Zaxby's is our favorite (especially since they send us coupons every once in awhile), we frequent it quite a bit.
We all love the Chicken Tenders with Zax Sauce, however it's far from the healthiest meal on the planet (clearly!) So I decided to see if I could mimic it at home, with a few healthy twists My family loved it (my son actually proclaimed it better than Zaxbys), and it was an easy way to please everyone and enjoy a simple meal at home. Here's how to make it at your house too . . .
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise I used fat free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Refrigerate at least two hours.
- Serve with Chicken Tenders ~ enjoy!
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 8/28/13):
- Perdue Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Buy One Get One Free at Kroger (you can ask the meat manager to slice it into tenders)
- Target Frozen Bagged Chicken Breast on sale $6.99, get a free Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs when you buy 2, use $1.50/2 Market Pantry Frozen Chicken Breast
- Hellman's Mayo BOGO $4.79 at Publix, use $0.60/1 Hellman's Mayonnaise Dressing With Olive Oil, Any – Bricks *
- Heinz Ketchup $1.99 at Kroger, use $.50/1 Heinz Ketchup coupon from the 8/25 Red Plum insert
- Hunt's Ketchup $1 at Kroger, use $.25/1 Hunt's Ketchup Kroger ecoupon
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.