FREE HOME PLANNING
This healthy shrimp scampi is SO good, you won't even know it's under 500 calories! It's delicious and better than take out too.
Healthy Shrimp Scampi
If you love a nice bowl of pasta but want to keep your calories a bit lower, this healthy shrimp scampi will tick all the boxes!
As a bonus, it takes less than about 20 minutes to make and is just absolutely delicious. By limiting the amount of butter used, the calorie count is lower but it is still packed with flavor! You can serve with zoodles (zucchini noodles), coodles (carrot noodles), or even regular pasta. Just know that the calorie count listed below is only for the scampi 🙂
MENU TIP: This healthy shrimp scampi recipe is from week 6 of our low calorie menu planning made easy set!
Shrimp Scampi Ingredients:
- uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- black pepper
- ground paprika
- olive oil
- garlic, minced
- dry white wine (or cooking wine)
- chicken broth
- parsley, chopped
- zucchini spirals
Low Calorie Shrimp Scampi Recipe:
Start by combining your salt, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl and then sprinkle that over your shrimp (be sure to peel and devein your shrimp).
Get a large skillet over medium heat and add some oil, then add your shrimp. You only need to cook them about 1 – 2 minutes per side until they're done. You definitely don't want to overcook your shrimp! Remove the shrimp from the skillet and keep warm.
In that same skillet you cooked the shrimp, add your butter and garlic and saute for about a minute – stirring frequently. Stir in your wine and broth and cook about 3 – 4 minutes. Add your shrimp and parsley into the pan and cook through (about another two minutes).
Make some pasta or zoodles if you'd like and serve it up with some Copycat Olive Garden Salad from our Sides Dish Menu Plans and dinner is done.
Healthy Shrimp Scampi
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 4 Tbsp dry white wine or cooking wine
- 3 Tbsp chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp parsley chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 (12 oz) pkgs frozen zucchini spirals
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and paprika; sprinkle over shrimp.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes per side until done. Remove shrimp from the skillet and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add butter and garlic and sauté over mediumheat 1 minute stirring frequently to not burn garlic. Pour in wine and broth and cook 3-4 minutes. Add shrimp and parsley to the pan and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over shrimp, toss lightly and serve immediately over zucchini spirals.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week six of our low cal menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
FREE HOME PLANNING CHECKLISTS!
Download your FREE checklists now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.