I found this recipe on Food.com while checking out new pins on Pinterest, and it's a great way to use up a little leftover turkey. I'd never purchased Mango Chutney Sauce before and was a wee bit shocked at the price tag ($4.69 per jar . . . YIKES!), but I decided that since we were using leftover turkey it was worth the splurge. (Publix does have their Orange Cranberry Relish on sale for $1.99, so I also tried one sandwich using that but the chutney was just so much better. However, I'm betting that Orange Cranberry Relish would be pretty good if you mixed it with softened cream cheese instead of mayo . . .)
So, next Friday after you've shopped 'til you dropped, try out this yummy take on a plain old leftover turkey sandwich. I promise you'll love it (and my hubby thinks it would taste delicious with leftover ham as well!) 😉
- 2 slices bread, Italian, thick We used Chicago Style Italian Bread at Publix, it was delicious!
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (or miracle whip)
- 1 tomatoes, cut into four thin slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground black
- 1 tablespoon basil, thinly sliced fresh We skipped this because there wasn't any the pantry!
- 3 slices turkey, oven roasted
- 2 slices cheese, provolone
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney look for this near the relishes and pickles
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, for frying
- Cover both slices of bread with mayonnaise.
- Add tomato slices, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put sliced basil over the tomato optional, we skipped this one!
- Add turkey slices, then add cheese and mango chutney.
- Butter outside of sandwich, and grill in skillet or pan until golden brown.
Thanks Food.com for the yummy recipe, and thanks also to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups. Check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the the Recipe Gallery.
Interact with 6335+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.