This Garbanzo Bean Greek Salad is FULL of flavor. It's loaded with fresh ingredients and can be made ahead of time too!
Garbanzo Bean Greek Salad
If you're looking for a fresh salad that is loaded with flavor, check out this delicious Garbanzo Bean Greek Salad!
You can make this in advance (it's best to sit and merry together for at least 2 hours in the fridge), so it's a great recipe to make ahead for a party, family gathering, or for meal prep. Plus it's so simple to make!
🍽️ MENU TIP: This garbanzo bean greek salad recipe is from our side item menu planning made easy set!
Ingredients for this Chickpea Greek Salad:
- garbanzo beans
- cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- red onion
- black olives
- feta cheese
- Italian style salad dressing
- lemon juice
How to make a greek salad:
This Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad has all the flavors of the mediterranean and it's so simple to make!
- Start by draining your garbanzo beans (keep the liquid in a small bowl and try making some items with the chickpea water!) and then add them to a large bowl.
- Slice your cucumbers, half your cherry tomatoes, chop your red onion, mince the garlic, and drain and chop your olives. Throw them all into the bowl with your garbanzo beans.
- Next, add your lemon juice, salad dressing, salt, pepper, and feta cheese.
- Toss everything together and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Serve chilled.
A great thing about this side dish is that you can add all kinds of salad ingredients depending on what you like. Try olive oil with red wine vinegar, red bell pepper, some dried oregano, kalamata olives, fresh dill, or even add in greek salad dressing. You can really add all kinds of fun healthy fats to mix this one up based on what you have on hand!
Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad
- 2-15 oz cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cucumbers, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz can black olives, drained and chopped
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tso garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, combine beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, olives, feta, salad dressing, lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper.
- Toss ingredients together, and refrigerate 2 hours before serving. Serve chilled.
How should you store this greek salad?
This can be stored in airtight containers in the refrigerator for several days. This is a favorite with all the Greek flavors in our home, so it never lasts quite that long!
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from our sides menu plans, including this dish + 59 other AMAZING recipes! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
A HUGE thank you to Nikki in our PPP Supper Club Private Facebook Group for sharing her picture of the Garbanzo Bean Greek Salad. We all love this one!
Would you love to be part of our menu planning community? Order any of our menu plans from the Passionate Penny Pincher Shop and you'll get free lifetime membership. It's the happiest meal-plan-making-corner of the internet!
SUMMER SURVIVAL KIT SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Jane Dominguez says
Love the Greek Salad recipe!