I never, ever, never-ever-never thought freezer cooking was all that awesome.
In fact, for years when I saw other bloggers mention freezer cooking or batch cooking days ~ I thought it was an okay idea (I guess?) but really just couldn't see anything about it that excited me all that much.
So in February, when we did the Countertop Cooking Challenge and I saw the recipes for a freezer cooking week on my list, I wasn't all that impressed by the concept.
I made the 5 recipes, popped them in the freezer, and just knew I'd forget all about them.
But I didn't forget at all about them.
In fact, within the very next ten days, all five of those meals were gone because I used them for dinner.
And we didn't eat out.
And my pitiful-husband-who-really-hates-cereal-for-supper was oh-so-happy to come home to a home-cooked meal.
(Enough that he even texted to tell me how awesome dinner was) 🙂
I was hooked.
Fast forward a few months.
I started dreaming up big PPP project ideas for May (because you know I like a challenge), and it dawned on me that we could make 30 recipes in one week using freezer meals.
(You could really do them in one day ~ but since I was here doing it on Facebook Live I spread it out a bit.)
And then it dawned on me that you could cook them in the crockpot.
Throw them on the grill.
Bake them in the oven.
Saute them in a skillet.
And supper was seriously set for summer.
I realized right then and there I was a genius. 🙂
The best part?
My grocery shopping is just about done until August.
My meals are totally ready to go.
and we're saving a bundle by eating at home.
So . . . curious about why YOU should be doing freezer cooking this summer too?
1. You'll handle the bulk of your cooking in a few short hours, then just add veggies, salad, and pasta, bread, rice or potatoes to round out your meal.
2. Instead of going to the grocery store with a massive list of stuff to buy each week (without any real plan to make dinner out of all that food), you'll have a perfect plan in place that makes sure you shop strategically, knowing exactly what you need to make real meals every single day of the week.
3. You won't eat out.
YOU WILL NOT EAT OUT.
You will save a bundle of money, eat better home cooked meals, and stop the craziness of what-on-earth-will-we-have-for-dinner-tonight at the dinner hour.
I love that.
Sound absolutely amazing to you too?
The last time they were this deeply discounted was back in February, so you need to take advantage of this today.
HERE'S THE PRICE BREAKDOWN:
- $10.50 per month with the code PPP25 at checkout (ends TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT) or $2.62 per week
- $23.25 per quarter with the code PPP25 at checkout(ends TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT) or $1.93 per week
- $63 per year with the code PPP25 at checkout (ends TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT) or $1.32 per week
AND HERE’S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU SIGN UP:
- Weekly menu plans for the entire month
- A set of slow cooker menu plans
- A set of whole foods menu plans
- A set of traditional menu plans
- One quick click to download all 3 sets of menus (in color or black and white ink)
- In addition to our freezer menus, you’ll get access to FOUR WEEKS of menu plans for as low as $1.05 per week!
- BONUS: 1 ENTIRE YEAR OF EAT AT HOME SLOW COOKER FREEZER MEAL PLANS (THAT'S OVER 300 RECIPES!)
- BONUS FOR PPP READERS ONLY: free printable labels to use for our freezer week ~ I’ll send yours automatically when you start HERE
As soon as you go HERE and sign up, I'll send you your free freezer bag labels. Then create your Eat at Home account, and log in to get started. (We used the“May 15th” freezer meal under slow cooker meals in your Eat at Home Cooks dashboard, as well as the “Slow Cooker Freezer Meals – Volume 2″ menus from June, July, August & September.)
I promise, THIS WILL CHANGE THE WAY YOU COOK, and make your life so much easier. In fact, I'm pretty determined to do a whole new round in August, because I love it so much!
I'd love to hear if you joined us this week, and what other recommendations you have for freezer cooking! I really do think this will forever transform the way I grocery shop, menu plan, and budget, and am so glad we tried it out!
And by the way, did you hear I'm giving away a FREEZER? Go HEREHERE and share this post to be entered to win before tomorrow night at 9PM Eastern Time!
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.