I shared this recipe back in May of 2010, but with all the great deals on corn this week I figured it was time to share it again!
Grilled Corn On The Cob
- Corn in husks On Sale 6 for $2 at Publix, or get free corn at Earthfare
- Butter or Margarine
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place corn in husks in sink (preferrably a clean sink!)
- Cover with water, and use some kind of weight to keep corn submersed under water (we used a heavy bowl).
- Soak at least 30 minutes, and no longer than 4 hours.
- Remove from water, trim ends (I just trimmed them a little to get the long stringy thingies off – my husband just informed me those thingies are called tassels. . .)
- Heat grill to medium heat. Place corn on grill and cook 30 minutes, turning four times while cooking.
- Remove from grill. Let cool a few minutes, pull back husks, top with butter or margarine, salt and pepper and enjoy!
Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index. Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.