I made this super simple advent calendar to add to my kids' playroom (they love counting down to Christmas!) and it might be an easy inexpensive project for you to create in your home too. Here's what I used:
- A cookie sheet (found this one at Walmart a few years ago and love it because it has a whole in the top for hanging)
- 1 magnet
- ornament for marking the days (I found an 8 pack of the peppermint ornaments for $1.50 at Hobby Lobby – they were perfect!)
- stickers (I made the stickers using vellum and my Cricut, but you could easily make these using plain stickers you found at the store)
- extra star ornament I found at Michael's a few weeks ago
As you can tell I placed the stickers pretty randomly (I love the idea of them looking neat and tidy in a row, but I knew getting them lined up would take forever so figured this was worth a shot!) It took less than 30 minutes to put together, and my kids will have one more place to count down to the big day. 😉
Looking for more penny pinched Christmas home ideas? Here you go . . .
- How to Etch Glass
- Christmas Wreath Decorated from the Dollar Bin
- Christmas Tree Decorating from the Dollar Bin
- Easy Mesh Wreath
- Tissue Paper Wreath
- Homemade Cinnamon Potpourri
This post is linked to Living Well Spending Less Thrifty Thursday – thanks for the opportunity to link up! I'd love for you to join me over on Pinterest (I love that place!) If you have a blog and have done a little fluffing in your home, I’d love to see it, so leave your link in the comments section. Also, if there’s a craft you’ve seen on a website that you’re hoping to make, feel free to share that link as well (I’m always looking for new ideas!)
See more previous Friday Fluff Up projects and ideas . . . and Happy Fluffing!
SUMMER SURVIVAL KIT SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Leave a Reply