DIY Graduation Gifts with Money
Looking for a quick and easy way to gift money to a graduate without it seeming boring and impersonal? Here are two fun and easy ideas!
My friend Jamie JUST made this one for her son who graduated this week – she said it only took a few minutes to fold up the bills and tape them to the background.
Here's what you need!
- 10 – 12 Bills (ideally – Jamie was short a couple and filled in with coins for the D's)
- inexpensive 8×10 picture frame
- Gift bag or wrap in their school colors
- Unbend the metal tabs to take the back off the frame
- Use the paper photo insert as a template to cut a square out of wrapping paper or a gift bag
- Fold the bills into letters as best you can to spell out “U DID IT!”
- Some letters require two bills, so the more you have the better
- If you have an extra you can add an exclamation point with a quarter under it
- If you have extra, another nice touch is a tiny rolled up diploma or grad cap in the corner
- Roll up tape behind the bills to attach them to the paper background – you don't need lots of tape, remember the bills will be pressed inside a frame so they won't fall!
- Replace the background in the picture frame
And here's another super fun one that I made last year!
If you missed my Facebook live video this morning you can watch here for a fun DIY Graduation gift with money!
I impressed myself on this one. 🙂
And if I can tackle this little cute project?
I know you can too.
My friend shared this UBER CUTE idea for a DIY Graduation gift with money that she found over on Pinterest, but I thought it would be super fun as a teacher gift too.
(Note – if you do give it to a teacher you'll want to make sure their school allows you to give teachers cash ~ many only allow gift cards, so find out ahead of time before preparing.)
It took less than 30 minutes to make, is a great fun way to give cash (which is what most folks love anyways!), and you'll feel like you totally rocked one gift this year. 🙂
Here's all you need:
- Shrink wrap
- Repositionable tape
- Gift cards
- Blow dryer (to mold the shrink wrap together)
- Pizza box ~ Free at our local pizza place
- Cash 🙂
Looking for more great graduation gift ideas? Head on over HERE ~ the Contigo water bottle is my favorite and would be perfect to fill with a little cash too!
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.