Find out how to make this quick and easy candy card for a boyfriend, husband or any sweetheart in your life! Great for Valentine's Day too 🙂
Cheap & Easy Candy Gram Card for Valentine's Day (or Father's Day!)
Update: I made this card for my Hubby for Valentine's Day – BUT it would work perfectly for the kids to make for Father's Day as well with just a few tweaks! Here are some ideas to get the ball rolling:
- We're so glad we “SKOR” ed you for a dad
- You always make us “SNICKER” and work hard for that “PAYDAY“
- I wanted to give you a “100 GRAND” but it slipped through our “BUTTERFINGERS“
- So we wanted to “TAKE 5” and make your day “EXTRA” special (extra gum)
Looking for a fun and easy gift that says “I love you”? This quick DIY card says it all with candy – and puns galore! My friends Jamie & Cheree put one together on Facebook Live last night and it turned out so cute – you can watch their video here! I totally brought it home and gave it to my hubby and he got such a kick out of it (don't tell that they did all the work) ~ if you just need a fun silly gift, this one's just for you.
Here's how to turn a few items from the candy aisle into a cute and colorful card…
What You Need:
- Packing Tape or other strong tape
- Milky Way
- Reese's Pieces
- Skor Bar
- Optional: Hershey Kisses, Extra Gum, Foam hearts (or we cut ours out of a cheap gift bag)
How to Make a Candy Card Poster
Here's the phrase we used for Valentine's Day – but you can get “punny” with any message you want!
TIP: I recommend trying to write out the words on the OPPOSITE side of the poster you plan to use, so you can get the spacing right with the letters and candy in place.
Happy Valentine's Day
to my Sweetheart (use SweetTarts in place of a word)! You are so
Ahhh-Mazing (Use M&M's in place of the M)! When I'm
with you, I feel like I'm on the Milky Way (Use Milky Way here instead of text)
And I don't care who Snickers (Use Snickers Candy Bar)
because I LOVE you to
pieces (Use Reese's Pieces, mark out the Reese's if you want). What did I do
to score (Use a Skor bar) a Hubby/Boyfriend like you?
Hugs & Kisses (Use Hershey Kisses here – we ran out of room on ours!)
If you have foam hearts or cute ones that you cut out of a gift bag – add them for pizzazz here and there.
More Candy Gram Pun Ideas
Other ideas to personalize your your candy-gram poster are:
- Take 5 – “I wanted to Take 5 to tell you….”
- Mounds – “You're Mounds of fun”
- Extra Gum – you can say you got “Extra Lucky” to have would up with them, or they're “Extra Cute” etc…
- Takis – If you're making a card for the kiddos – get more creative with their favorite treats. Takis could turn into “I just love Taki-ing with you”
- Milk Duds – “I'm glad I didn't end up with a Dud”
- Hot Tamales – (self-explanatory)
- 100 Grand -“You're better than 100 Grand”
- Nerds – “Even though you're a Nerd…” or “I love being Nerds together”
- Air-Heads – “From Your Favorite Air-Head”
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.