Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
After cleaning out my fridge yesterday, I was determined to come up with a recipe to use up the leftover ingredients in the refrigerator so they wouldn't go to waste! I visited All Recipes (I love their ingredient search tool), and in just a few minutes had this easy recipe in the oven.
It was so good, and I love that I was able to use up a bunch of odds and ends in our fridge. You could easily add in extra veggies, meat, or cheese; and it would be perfect to serve for Easter brunch.
The best part? You get all the goodness of an omelet without having to cook them up in several different batches. (Love that!) Here's the recipe if your fridge could use a good clean out too. 😉
Oven Baked River Omelet
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and chopped finely (I ended up substituting it with canadian bacon when I noticed that in my fridge, you could also use cooked sausage)
- 4 oz can black olives
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped (I substituted with yellow onions)
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, diced (skipped these since I have any)
- 3/4 cup colby jack cheese
- Mix together 10 eggs and 1/3 cup milk.
- Beat eggs and milk with electric mixer until thoroughly combined and frothy.
- Add in salt and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bake in greased 8×8 pan at 350 for 40-50 minutes, until eggs are cooked in the center
BLACK FRIDAY CHEAT SHEET!
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.