Find more penny pinched recipes HERE
I made two loaves of this blueberry Banana Bread today, and oh my heavens it's just delicious. With blueberries on sale at Publix Buy One Get One Free this week, and bananas at Aldi's just $.33/lb. (don't forget many Walmart stores will price match . . .) I just couldn't wait to try it!
My son tried it after school for a snack and gave it rave reviews, which always makes this momma's day. Here's how to bake some up for your family ~ save a loaf for yourself and you could even give a loaf away as a teacher's git.
Blueberry Banana Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 medium size loaf pans.
- Mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 egg in at a time, then add vanilla.
- Add in bananas and then flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Carefully fold blueberries into batter, pour into loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
- Cool on wire pans for 10 minutes, then cool thoroughly on wire racks.
This post is linked to Real Kitchen Life & Beyond's Fabulous Frugal Living. Recipe adapted from All Recipes. Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
BLACK FRIDAY CHEAT SHEET!
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.