Looking for more simple recipes? Download Slow Cooker Menu Plans and Grocery List over HERE.
If you like chicken salad, I promise you'll love this recipe.
It's one of those treats that I only make about once a year, but it's always perfect and so nice to have on hand when I'm not up to cooking.
So, I'm skipping any serious cooking today, and will be enjoying a few cooled off recipes this week. 🙂
If you're up for a little more cooking than I am this week, you should also try out this Roast Sticky Rotisserie Style Chicken this week. It's just about the best chicken I've ever tasted but will heat up your kitchen a bit!
Sweet Southern Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 golden delicious apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow raisins
- 1/2 cup grapes, sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped (to toast just bake in oven at 350 for 4-5 minutes, watch closely so they don’t scorch)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Mix together mayonnaise and sugar. Combine remaining ingredients and stir in mayonnaise/sugar mixture until all ingredients are mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate – tastes best after it has been refrigerated several hours.
- Serve on a lettuce leaf or (if you really want to impress your hubby), try out Paula Deen’s Chicken Salad Melt. (Mmmmm . . .)
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.