Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
With fresh produce in season, there's no better time to use tons of fresh veggies as you cook! We had this (super) simple beef stir fry last night and I loved that it was loaded with vegetables and protein, and cooked up in under 30 minutes.
I noticed this recipe also at All Recipes (it looked so good!), but since the marinade needed to mix for several hours I opted for this simple recipe. The flavors are all so good on their own that you don't need to add too much, and you can have dinner done in less than 30 minutes. Love that!
Beef Stir Fry (in Less Than 30 Minutes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound beef sirloin, cut in 2″ strips
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- broccoli florets or carrots (I didn't have those but they would have been great to add in!)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional – we were out but I wish we'd had them!)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook beef until browned, 3 – 4 minutes.
- Put beef on one side of the skillet, then add in veggies and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Mix in beef and add in soy sauce and sesame seeds.
- Continue to cook until vegetables are tender, for another 3-4 minutes.
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.