Back To School at Staples: 7 Secrets You Need To Know Before You Shop
Oh my word.
I have so much to tell you about Staples!
(I know. It's that exciting, right?) 🙂
This is the time of the year when Staples will be rocking out some incredible deals, and if you don't know how to shop there you might just miss some savings.
Which I just can't allow.
Because you're my friend and I want you to save crazy big this Back to School season.
You're welcome. 🙂
If you're new to Staples shopping this should help. And if you're a regular hopefully I'll teach you a thing or two too.
Let's get started.
1. Become a Staples Reward member. It's free.
Just by signing up for Staples Rewards you'll get 5% back on everything you spend, that you can use on anything available at Staples (including stamps!) Here are a few more benefits of Staples Rewards:
- Free shipping on all Staples.com purchases that are $14.99 or more
- $2 in rewards for every ink or toner cartridge you recycle if you spend at least $30 every 6 months on ink or toner at Staples
- You'll receive your Staples Rewards once you've earned $5 in Rewards via email or snail mail
- Teachers get an additional 10% back in rewards on art and teaching supplies
2. Watch the store sales ad.
Staples offers a ton of crazy “loss leader” items each week in their ads, and these are the items you'll want to focus on each week. For example right now (week of 7/11/16), they have 12 pack erasers for 25¢ (limit of 5.) Stock up on those each week to get some crazy savings!
3. Also stock up during the back to school season on their “less list” items.
During the back to school season (July – September) Staples will has a “less list” that includes dozens of school supplies on sale at deeply discounted prices. These prices are competitive with Walmart and Target, and such a great way to save during this season.
(Get your free printable Walmart and Target Back To School Cheat Sheet here so you can see how the prices stack up.)
4. Sign up for emails to save $10 off your $50 purchase.
Save $10 off your $50 purchase when you sign up for Staples email updates ~ head on over HERE to sign up.
5. Sign up for text messages to save $5
Get $5 off your purchase of $25 or more when you text OFFERS to 555444. Love that!
6. Watch your receipt for bonus savings.
Be sure to scan your receipt closely for extra savings. I had a coupon for $10 off a purchase of $20 or more ~ use those towards bigger back to school purchases to save even more.
7. Take advantage of their 110% Price Match Guarantee.
Through 9/17/16, Staples will guarantee their competitor prices + give you an extra 10% off that price. Learn more HERE.
8. Pick up penny paper at Staples.
At least a few times a month, Staples offers paper for just a penny when you take advantage of their Easy Rebate program. You'll pay $4-$7 out of pocket, but get that money back when you fill out a form online (no rebate form to mail in – they make it easy!) You get the rebate in the form of a Visa gift card to use at any store.
9. Don't miss their Better Binder Warranty.
I usually recommend getting inexpensive binders at Walmart and Target, however this might just make me change my mind. Staples offers a 100% guarantee on Better Binders, meaning if the binder wears out they'll replace them for free. The binders are a little more expensive, but if your kids are like mine and wear theirs out quickly, it's probably worth paying more for these!
10. Get 25% off your entire back to school purchase when you buy a backpack at Staples.
Staples will give you 25% off your entire purchase when you buy a backpack. I think their backpacks are a little pricey, but especially if you have several kids to purchase supplies for, this could save a bundle!
I'm betting you've found other ways to save at Staples, and I'd love to hear them (leave a comment to share!) I scored everything in the picture above for $13 yesterday, without clipping a single coupon. Next week I'll head back with my $10 off $20 coupon (woohoo!) ~ can't wait to stock up!
Can't get enough Back To School Shopping Tips? Here you go:
- Staples Price Match Guarantee
- Free printable Walmart and Target Back To School Cheat Sheet
- Amazon Back To School Prices
FREEZER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample of the freezer menus!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.