Did you know that Amazon offers a safe and convenient pick up service called Amazon Locker? Find out exactly how to use this new service and why you'd even want to use it!
Amazon Locker Locations
Did you know Amazon had safe locker locations that you can have deliveries sent to? And it's SUPER easy to use!
This service is called Amazon Locker, and while it isn't available everywhere yet, it is a growing service that is now available in these locations.
This is great to use if you're away on vacation and don't want to leave it at your front door. Or really for simple peace of mind when so often packages are getting stolen off porches. (That is priceless nowadays 🙂 )
How do you use Amazon Locker?
To use this easy alternative to regular Amazon home delivery,
- Just shop as usual on Amazon. (Find the best deals over HERE)
- During checkout, specify the Amazon Locker as your delivery location.
- Once your package is delivered, you'll receive an email alert with a 6-digit pick-up code.
- You have 3 days to pick up your package or it will be returned for refund
- Head to your Amazon locker, punch in the code and voila! – your items are waiting in a safe, cool environment.
*You can alternately scan the barcode from your email to avoid touching locker pinpad surfaces.
There's no extra cost to use an Amazon Locker either – it's FREE!
This is a new service, but I have 19 near me including Stein Mart, Whole Foods, GNC and a few local pharmacies! See how many are near you here.
What Can You Have Delivered To Amazon Locker?
You can have nearly anything that you buy on Amazon delivered to your Amazon Locker, with just a few restrictions.
As long as your order meets these guidelines, you're clear!
- Has a shipping weight less than 10 lbs
- Has product dimensions smaller than 16 x 12 x 14 inches
- Is sold or fulfilled by Amazon.com
- Is valued at less than $5,000
- Contain no hazardous materials
- Is not a Subscribe & Save item (bummer…. we sure LOVE our Subscribe & Save deals!)
- Does not contain items shipping from other countries
- Does not contain items for Release-Date Delivery
Benefits of Amazon Locker:
- Safe from weather, potential thieves
- Open Early & Late (hours depend on each location)
- No Waiting In Line
- No Touch Pickup if scanning barcode
- Use for Deliveries & Returns
- No Extra Fees
Having Amazon Prime definitely makes me more apt to use Amazon (which saves me running out for just one item when I need it), and is a huge time saver for me. I do think you can sometimes get better deals if you have time to use coupons matched up with the sales ad (use this search engine HERE to always find the best deals), but often Amazon works for me!What else would you add to the list, or what items do you think don't work for you? Leave a comment to share – I love hearing from you!
Love Amazon? Don't miss these six ways to make money from Amazon.com.
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.