I’m so stinkin’ excited because we’ve hit 250,000 fans on Facebook. (I actually meant to post this at 250,000, but we're already up to 260,00 as of today!!!!)
To say I’m just amazed is an understatement.
As I’ve shared a time or two before, I’m just a plain ole’ mom who loves to pinch a penny, and having
250,000 260,000 folks join me along the way is pure craziness.
To thank you for hanging out with me each day, I thought it would be fun to do an Amazon gift card giveaway. 😉 I’ll be giving away 4 $50 Amazon gift cards, and all you have to do to enter to win is share a few facts about yourself (because I really do love hearing from you!)
To get things started, I'll share a few things about myself (yikes!) Then just leave a comment on this post to share a fact or two about yourself, and you'll be entered to win (YAY!) Here we go . . .
1. I grew up in Clearwater, Florida. When I went to college at Asbury University in Kentucky, I swore that if I never saw another palm tree as long as I lived that would be just fine. (20 years later after freezing all winter in Ohio, I think I'd give anything to see a palm tree . . . .)
2. I started playing the violin when I was 8 and it's probably my favorite past time, although I only pick it up a few times a year. I taught private violin lessons to earn extra income when my kids were small. (I also did some data entry and taught preschool – anything to make a few extra bucks!)
3. I have a bachelor's degree in psychology. I was a social work major at Asbury before transferring to University of Louisville my senior year of college. (After getting married and realizing we really couldn't afford another year of private college!) Since U of L didn't have social work as an undergrad program I changed to psychology.
I always knew I wanted to work in a field where I helped people, so the mission of this site has been a crazy blessing to me. I tell my husband that I'm only legitimately qualified to work at McDonald's, so hopefully this gig won't be up too soon. 🙂
4. I type really fast. The only class I've ever taken that has had any real value was my typing class with Mrs. Stewart in high school, where I even won a state typing competition. I use that skill every. single. day.
2011 at the Alabama Governor's Ball – the only time I've every worn a formal dress other than my wedding. 😉 I think I was at my absolute thinnest there which is about 12 pounds lighter than where I am right now, so I'm determined to get there in the next few months!
5. I lost 70 pounds in college and have kept it off for almost 20 years. I still see myself as the pudgy girl (have always wanted to lose another 10-20 pounds), and my weight is a daily battle for me. I exercise at least 4-5 times per week, but chocolate chip cookies are my arch nemesis.
6. I married the first (and only) boy I've ever kissed.
(Seriously, he's the best gift to me and we have three super cute kids. I only dreamed I'd have all this!)
7. After living in Goshen, Kentucky (outside of Louisville) for ten years, my husband and I moved to Madison, Alabama and were there for 10 years as well. We moved to Ohio in May of 2014 and I'm still having some growing pains (but trusting it'll be home soon. I sure hope!)
8. I'm not naturally a giver. My husband and other folks in my family are honest to goodness natural givers, and I so wish I had that trait. Because I grew up in a home where finances were always tight, I fear never having enough probably more than most people, and work really hard to overcome this one.
9. I have amazing help here on PPP. Shannon is my biggest assistant (she's amazing and cares about each one of you so very much!) There are also a few other gals that work behind the scenes who make everything here on PPP possible. I could never (ever, never!) run this site on my own, and am so stinkin' thankful for them.
10. I'm a Jesus girl. 🙂 My girls crack me up because this is kind of the way they describe other girls when they talk about them at home, and I'm so glad to be raising a few Jesus girls (and one Jesus boy) of my own. This means we're so far from perfect, and only by His grace anything good comes from the mess that we are. I became a Christian at 9 years old, and some days am overwhelmed by the way He's taken care of this mess of me.
11. My brain never stops going. I constantly am thinking of things to do, struggle with wishing I could live without sleep because there are so many fun things I'd love to work on, and if anyone else lived inside this head of mine I'm pretty sure they'd jump out of their skin. (My brain seriously goes a million miles a minute every second of the day – it's ridiculous and probably some crazy form of ADD!) 😉 Thankfully somehow it works for me, but goodness, it's nuts.
12. The growth of this website seriously overwhelms and humbles me every single day. I really am just a girl who loves to clip coupons, and didn't know a single thing about computers, marketing, writing, or social media until starting this site 5 years ago. (Thank heavens for google – it's taught me everything I know!)
I seriously am in shock every day when you all come hang out with me (I wake up every morning even after 5 years thinking it probably won't last another day), and feel crazy blessed by the growth of this site.
Craziness I tell ya'!
So, there you have it!
Your turn now ~ I'd love to hear a few fun facts about you, because goodness I know y'all have some stories too! Take a minute to leave a comment to share and I'll enter to win a $50 Amazon gift card. I love love love hearing from you!
Thanks so much for reading PPP ~ I appreciate you each so very much. 😉
This giveaway is not sponsored by Amazon or Facebook ~ just a gift from me to thank y'all for reading. Good luck!