FREE HOME PLANNING
Enter to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
Doesn't just the name of this recipe sound delicious? I found it over on Pinterest (have I mentioned that I love that place lately?), and made a quick run to Publix this morning to grab the pork roast & pop it in Mrs. Potts. Then I left her all alone to do the cooking today, and let me tell you . . . she did a fantastic job! 🙂
Do be careful not to over-cook your roast. . . I highly recommend getting a meat thermometer if you use your crockpot regularly, because (at least from my experience), newer crockpots tend to cook much more quickly than older models once did. This recipe recommends that you cook the roast for 6-7 hours on low, however mine was done at just a little over 5 hours on low. So, while I love leaving my slow cooker to do the work, you'll still need to watch to make sure it doesn't cook too long! We loved this recipe, and will definitely be making it again soon.
Slow Cooked Parmesan Pork Roast Recipe adapted from Everyday Tastes.com
- 3-4 lb. boneless pork roast Whole Boneless Pork Loin on sale $1.99/lb. at Publix or $2.49/lb. at Kroger
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup honey Publix brand is on sale Advantage Buy $2.99
- 3 tbsp soy sauce Use $1/2 Kikkoman Soy Sauce, exp. 12/31/11 (SS 05/15/11)
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil Use $1/1 Pompeian Olive Oil, exp. 12/31/12 (RP 11/13/11)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cornstarch $0.30/1 Argo Baking Powder printable
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray, then place roast in slow cooker.
- Combine cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt in small bowl. Pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or until the temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove meat from crockpot and keep warm.
- Skim the fat from the cooking juices, then transfer to a saucepan.
- Bring the juices to a boil. Meanwhile combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into juices, and bring to a boil again.
- Cook and stir two minutes or until thickened.
- Slice roast and serve with gravy. . . yummmm!
Interact with 6748+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
FREE HOME PLANNING CHECKLISTS!
Download your FREE checklists now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.