The Publix ad is a wee bit on the puny side this week, so while I kept looking for a recipe to come up with that worked with the sale . . . I finally gave up and stuck with what was in the pantry! I absoloutely love trying to find great deals using the weekly sales ad for our menus each week, but the thing I love most about being a couponer is that I almost always have the items I need to pull off dinner each night . . . which makes my life so much more simple and helps really pinch those pennies.
So, I picked up some cheap chicken again this week at Kroger (you just can't beat Perdue boneless, skinless chicken breast for $1.79/lb.), and raided my pantry to get dinner on the table tonight. If you only shop Publix you may want to check out my favorite Perfect Slow Cooked Pot Roast recipe , which works well with the $3.99/lb. roast at Publix this week. Either way, plan to eat at home and pinch a few extra pennies in your budget this week!
And by the way, my sister-in-law gave me this recipe and it's delicious. . . plus it took all of five minutes to pop in Mrs. Potts! Have I told you lately I really love my slow cooker? 😉
Slow Cooked Chicken & Dressing
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (reduced fat is fine)
- 4 – 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 4 the last time and for our family of 5 that wasn't nearly enough – will definitely add in 6 next time!)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted (I'm betting you could use just a tablespoon if you'd like to reduce the calories)
- 6 oz. package dressing
- Place chicken breast in the bottom of the crockpot (frozen chicken breast is fine also, you may just want to add a little extra cooking time but I think it makes the meat more tender)
- Pour soup on top of the chicken breast.
- Mix together melted margarine and water. Stir in dressing.
- Pour dressing mixture over the chicken and soup.
- Cook on low for four hours in the crockpot.
Serve with . . .
- Fresh Express Salad Blends
- Green Giant Frozen Vegetables
- Homemade Quick Yeast Rolls or Pillsbury Rolls
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.